Just Another Dutch Filmmaker at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old June 13th, 2007, 07:37 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Just Another Dutch Filmmaker

Hi there!

Finally my account has been validated! It's so frustrating to wait a few months until you finally have the authorization to post something. *Sigh*
Anyway, I'm Ivo van Aart, 18 years old and I'm a young filmmaker.

'til recently I've done a lot with a borrowed canon gl1. Now I have a Canon Xh A1 (still waiting for my laptop to edit things). With two gl1's I've made the featurefilm 'Allez Hop!' (www.allezhop.nl) that became quite popular, and right after that with the gl2 I made a short called 'Anna' ( www.allezhop.nl/ivo/zeergroot.MOV or http://youtube.com/watch?v=NAb5n0pQi9s ). Next summer I'll be making my second feature called 'Total Loss'. It'll be a movie about the emotional insecurity of young people. Did I hear 'BORING'? Well, the plot kinda would be, if It weren't for the fact that in between all the drama there is a lot of absurdism. So I'm really siked to making this movie.

If you got any questions (like: isn't The Netherlands the capital of Amsterdam? :-p) I'm all yours.
Ivo van Aart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 05:10 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Calm down Ivo.....

Most of the people who post here know what and where you are and the relationship between one and the other.

Sounds like "you're hot". Good luck to you, hope you do well and enjoy DVinfo.

"Ask and you shall recieve", as the good book says. Ask here and you'll either be totally ignored or bloody well deluged! Hope it's the latter.

Enjoy DVinfo, it's a mine of (sometimes useless) info. [I jest]

Cheers,

Chris
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 01:58 PM   #3
RED Code Chef

Hi Ivo, welcome aboard from a fellow Dutchie. Netherlands ain't the capitol of Amsterdam? :)

Enjoy your stay,

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 05:23 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Hello Ivo

Another Bredanaar, nice. I see quit some familair locations skipping fast trough the film.(haven't watch it good though, will do that soon) Do you go to school in Breda? Nice to see people making films in Breda. Maybe I run in to you, Breda ain't that big ;-)
Old June 15th, 2007, 07:38 AM   #5
Major Player

Ivo, are you sure you're only 18? Or did you start film school at 14?
Matt Buys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2007, 03:40 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thank you for your kind replies!

Yes, I am 18. I learned everything from books and the internet and just doing. According to some tests I'm pretty smart, and I'd like to believe that :-p So I'm using all the brain capacity I've got to do self-study on film. Ofcourse, my knowledge is not so good as someone who's been to filmschool, but in that aspect I'm a bit like rodriguez: just do it. Making is learning.
'Allez Hop!' is far from perfect, but my next film will be a little bit better. I'm evolving and I hope to evolve to a fully professional level.

And Djee: I live in Princenhage, so you know where to search ;-) Of course you can find me a lot in De Vulling. I'm the tall guy without any money :-D
Old June 21st, 2007, 05:12 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Djee Smit and I recently met in Breda. We talked about my upcoming film Total Loss and his company. It's pretty cool to meet someone you 'discovered' on an international forum. :-D How many Dutch people are on this forum btw?
Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:47 AM   #8
RED Code Chef

I know of a couple of others and met some at IBC and other places. We need more though ;)

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood