Video Business Advisor? Anyone a member of this? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old November 21st, 2004, 03:30 PM   #1
Trustee

Video Business Advisor? Anyone a member of this?

Hi, anyone a member of this?? Worth it?

http://www.videobusinessadvisor.com

Murph
Old March 31st, 2005, 07:28 AM   #2
Trustee

I guess not!
Old April 1st, 2005, 02:57 AM   #3
Major Player

I have bought a couple of his programs, and learned a lot. I liked especially the Marketing program on CD (download version was pretty cheap). I review it in the car once in a while. I keep htinking about joining, but I have a problem with any monthly membership sites without a lot of new content all the time. It is sort of like renting a book.
Bob Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:30 AM   #4
Trustee

Yeah, I feel the same way. I've joined organizations for a yearly or monthly fee and they spend all the money I give them on marketing to get you to spend more money on them.

My local Chamber of Commerce took $250 from me after convincing me I'd get business from all the members...not one call all year. They have probably spent about $200 on mailings to me, emailing me and phone calls to get me to come to $25 a plate dinners with other members! I refuse to pay for access to something I already paid for...that's insane. I can call them myself or mail them because I have their contact information and next year I'm saving $250 and marketing myself to the members without the Chamber.

Get this - when I told the guy at the Chamber I wanted to contact members with my own mailing he said, "If you do it through us it has more creditability....it only costs $125 for an insert into our quarterly mailing". I get those mailings and it's just like any other mailings. I'm not anymore impressed with Chamber members because I know why they joined...to get more business like me! I'm sure a small percentage do it for PR reasons, but the small business owner is looking for leads. The Chamber asking for more money on top of the $250 joining fee has po'ed me off.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media