Sound problem with Skype at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old October 7th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #1
Major Player

Sound problem with Skype

I have just installed Skype, so my wife can keep up to date with our new grand daughter in Cardiff. Got a Logitech C270, amazing little webcam. Everything works fine, or so I thought. Every now and then a very noisy whooshy/crackling sound comes up and my daughters incoming sound goes, she can still hear me, after 30 second or so everything is fine again for a while, then it happens again. I have done all the tests, and everything works. We both installed Logitechs Video HD software, and get the same problem using this. I have checked on the web and sound faults seem to be quite common in Skype, but no definitive solutions!!!!!
Any ideas much appreciated.
Thanks
Old October 7th, 2011, 12:25 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sound problem with Skype

If you have Skype 5, downgrade to Skype 4.2 or Skype 3. Skype 5 is very unstable and has been the number one source of issues when I had it for a short amount of time.

Beware that 4.2 has a forced auto-update. You have to block the IP address of the update server in your Windows Firewall to prevent updating. Skype 3 does not, but it also doesn't have newer codecs.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Sound problem with Skype

Thanks for that Jack, will give it a try. But I dont think its a Skype specific problem, We uninstalled Skype and installed Logitech's own "Video HD" software. Exactly the same. Very annoying

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media