Widescreen AKAI SD TV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old March 6th, 2003, 07:03 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Widescreen AKAI SD TV

I was over a Sams Wholesale club and they have an AKAI 16x9 TV at SD resolution for under $500.00. Has component and Svideo inputs. It's a 30 incher.

Anyone know about AKAI products? I know it's SD, but I was wondering about it's use as a low cost preview monitor (using Vegas, a firewire to analog converter....).
Joe Carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2003, 07:10 PM   #2
Major Player

Akai is best known for its digital samplers.One of the industry standards.As far as consumer products I'm not sure of the quality.Sounds like a deal to me.
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2003, 07:14 PM   #3
Major Player

This has been a pet peeve of mine for ages; that I can't find a standard definition tv in 16x9. They have had them in Europe, the Far East and other parts of the world for years, but in our technologically advanced country (USA), they are no where in sight. Good to hear about the Akai. Now, if I could only get by the "WallMart" thing, I might have something. Thanks for the info.

If it was easy, they'd get a relative to do it.
Wayne Orr is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media