I don't like my legs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 5th, 2007, 12:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

I don't like my legs

I've got this Sachtler (link below). it has a mid level spreader which is great but you can't take that spreader off without a set of tools rather than a quick release system.

Can anyone recommend a good pair of carbon fibre legs under £500 ($1000) that'll work without this hassle. Its for a Z1.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...bon_Fiber.html
Neil Corbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2007, 01:11 PM   #2
New Boot

Hey Neil

I also use a DV6sb and have left the sachtler tripod in the closet. I could only purchase the head with a kit through B&H (head, legs, case combo). The combo was more $, but not so much considering I could use the tripod for studio work if necessary.
A great tripod for the $ is the Miller Solo DV 75mm. I bought one for the Canon XL2 and love it with the DV6sb. In fact, this setup has been highly recommended on this site. This is a very cool/fast setup for field work. The carbon sticks are spreaderless but adjustable, light and easy to carry.
Give it a try, Neil, I think you will dig all the features these sticks offer.

Indeed: Thanks Info Net folks! Your advise continues to be a great asset!
Michael Van Osterhoudt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 01:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I really like the look of those but as someone who's only used legs with spreaders i have to ask if there's any problems with using legs without them?
Neil Corbett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 04:10 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Have a look at the Cartoni 622c spreader just clips on can be completely removed and can be individually adjusted.

Alan
Alan Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 11:26 AM   #5
Regular Crew

left handed miller heads?

after all this time i finally bought the carbon fibre solo legs by miller - and they are brilliant. they get so low and easy to adjust. very happy.

actually, i was tempted by the whole miller set up but from what i could see, all the controls were on the right side of the head. this seems a bit weird - perfect if your a left hander - but weird for a right hander. i was curious as to how people with miller heads find them?...in case i do take the plunge afterall.
Neil Corbett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads