SpiderBrace - Customer Service PLUS! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old March 20th, 2008, 11:46 PM   #1
Major Player

SpiderBrace - Customer Service PLUS!

A couple months ago I bought a Spiderbrace to use with my SONY Z1 - which was just too big to easily handhold for any period of time - and even when I did the results were, well... handheld.

When it arrived I was tickled by the ingenuity behind it, and the inventiveness. Sure, it had a tad of "Oh yeah, *I* could build that" in it, but in honesty their execution and detail made it a worthy investment (under $60).

Then I used it. I found it improved my camera steadiness immensely in off tripod situations. In short I was a happy camper.

Then last weekend something unfortunate happened. As I was climbing up onto the roof with it, I set the camera down, and as I left the ladder to come onto the roof put a little weight on it. Now mind you, I said a little, I still think there might have been some minor stress riser, but anyway, one of the 3 "legs" - the one for your shoulder, broke. Crap. On examination, it did not appear to be fixable. Double crap.

Today, not really with any great expectation I emailed Spiderbrace, asking if there was anything they might be able to do for me. I don't really know what I expected, but I thought "no harm in the asking." I never even got into the specifics of how it broke.

What happened next still has me shaking my head in disbelief.

In about 15 minutes, Marcos from Spiderbrace emailed me back, informing me a replacement spiderbrace was being put in the mail to me first thing tomorrow!

They are a site sponsor. My advice? As a camera support tool it is a great little product and very reasonably priced - try one, you'll thank me. As for customer support? UNMATCHED!

Thanks Marcos!

ps. I was getting on the roof to get eyeball to eyeball with the Blue Angels about 1/2 mile from the center of the airfield where they were performing.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads