Looking for something similar to the discontinued VT2500 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 14th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #1
Major Player

Looking for something similar to the discontinued VT2500

Hello all,

I saw some video footage of someone who had built a rig that weighed about 15lbs and they had it mounted to the Impact VT2500 tripod. The motions looked very fluid and the price was right. Unfortunately that tripod has been discontinued? Well atleast i've not found it anywhere else. The tripod was around $100 bucks I think. I couldn't tell because no vender had the prices posted.

So, I'm searching for a tripod that is cheap, is known to move fluidly and can hold around or 15lbs.

Thanks all.
Terry.
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #2
Major Player

I've never touched one of these, but Matthews makes an identical looking model for $179. It's available at B&H also.

Matthews | M25 Tripod System | M25 | B&H Photo Video

Hope that'll help.
Tom Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #3
Major Player

Hey thanks for the reply Tom. That tripod looks great. Does Matthews have a good review?

Also, any word on Davis and Sanford? I found a tripod from B&H along with a dolly for $200 that looks good but its an Airlift tripod with pneumeric centerpost? I'm not entirely sure what that is..link below.

Davis & Sanford | ProVista Airlift Tripod with Pneumatic | B&H
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #4
Major Player

Well I ordered the M25 today. I'll post my review as soon as I give it a test run.
Terry Lee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads