OT: Good tripod that won't bankrupt me! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 11th, 2003, 03:48 PM   #16
Major Player

I had the Velbon D-700 and I had to have it replaced 5-6 times because it made a squelchy sound.
However when it wasn’t being irritating, it had an acceptable movement.
Richard Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2003, 03:27 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Luckily at most of the live shows I shoot I know the sound and lighting guys so they usually lend me a gear case that I can stand on for the night so I can see what I am doing. Works very well, unless you start drinking, then it can get kinda dangerous ;)

www.jcmediaservices.com
www.kickbacktracks.com
Royalty Free Video Production Loops!
Jason Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2003, 10:12 PM   #18
Trustee

My 9 foot tall monster pod is suppose to arrive in a few days. I went to Radio Shack and looked at their handheld TVs with 3" screens. Wasn't really impressed. Only brightnass control. No hue, contrast, saturation. Was hoping to also use this as a field monitor but with the limited controls I don't think it would be a good idea. Anyone know of a small field monitor that might attach to a tripod handle?
Dave Largent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2003, 11:03 AM   #19
Major Player

This is what I got:

Manfrotto

Head: 700RC2 = 75€
Legs: 190PRO = 100€
(Don´t know what´s their code in US, neither what would be the change from Euros to US$ but I guess is around $200)

They are little easy to pack warriors.. and with a bit of practice I can do everything I could ask for in a tripod. I also can use this as Still Photo tripod.

I bought these almost blind because of a rush shooting and 180€ was all I could afford at the time (also it was the only thing they had). I don´t regret it.. although now I would like to get a better pair of legs... For me.. and for what I´ve seen around here Manfrotto is the way to go... they sure can take a lot of abuse.
Old November 17th, 2003, 07:43 PM   #20
Trustee

Monster pod came in. Wow. I can walk underneath it standing
up straight! Can't reach the head from the floor. Pretty sturdy (rated for 44 pounds). About 3 feet tall when closed. At normal stance, feet are 7 feet apart. I looked at that pod and I looked at my girl and said "Why again did I want to get a 9 foot tall tripod?" And it doesn't have skinny stick legs either. I actually got two tripods in today but the other one I'm not too happy with. I'm thinking of writing a review of the one I don't like.
Dave Largent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads