Velbon Videomate 607 = good tripod for beginner? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old February 29th, 2004, 02:58 AM   #16
Major Player

The only accessory I have is actually, not a BP-945 battery, but a BP-930 battery unwrapped, still packaged from original Canon. I bought the wrong one too late and seems I cannot return it, so I guess it's just best to sell it.
Old February 29th, 2004, 06:55 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Should be easy to sell - especially for the smaller and lighter GL2 or GL1. I have the new one that came with my XL-1S on 12/26/03 and have not used it, either. I went straight for the BP945s.
John C Heid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2004, 07:30 PM   #18
Major Player

Do you know which stores would sell it or perhaps offer store credit? I really don't like selling it online at ebay or something cause of the unsureness of offline selling. I mean, buying online I guess is okay, but the whole process of selling/shipping/mailing confuses and scares me. :)
Old February 29th, 2004, 07:34 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I agree! This is probably the best forum; B&H Photo will very likely take the BP-930 as used photo equipment, although you would not get as high $ as you could get if you sold it yourself, most likely.
John C Heid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 12:57 PM   #20
Major Player

Hmm...any other places? Do you know if local stores like Best Buy, Fry's, Camera World, Circuit City, etc, etc. take 'em? Cause I live on the west coast and B&H is on the east-coast. :(
Old March 1st, 2004, 02:27 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Best Buy, Circuit City do not. I live in the "middle"... Kentucky. We are in a small market. I just sold B&H a couple Sony batteries, wide angle lens, TRV900 in new cond., and about a dozen other accessories.

I called B&H used equipment department. They quoted me a "blind - sight unseen" price for each specific item. I could accept or reject each individual item, but prices were non-negotiable. Then B-H emailed me a confirmation - 5 minutes later. I boxed up everything, with a copy of their confirmation. 2 weeks later, their check arrived by UPS in a package letter envelope. I was pleasantly surprised how competitive the $ they shot me. I accepted every single item. $900 total. Very professional.

If the XL-1S is superceded soon with a substantial improvement, I will probably sell mine back and upgrade, even though I bought it 12/26/03. That is how I would handle your accessories you no longer need. By the way, if any items aren't in very good condition, they have the right to contact you with a lower price, or to return the item to you. All of my items were accepted for the $ quoted.
John C Heid is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads