Hows this Tripod? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old May 24th, 2009, 11:04 AM   #1
Major Player

Hows this Tripod?

I'm thinking about getting this tri-pod for my xha1. CAn someone please give me some input on if this a good tripod:

Model: EI-717A

Weifeng E-IMAGE EI-7 series, the pure black surface looks very noblest. Be cast and machined by high-exactitude mode leads to high stability. Each head are equipped with fluid damping system (infinitely or 3 plus 0 step), which provides ultra -85°/+90°tilt range and +360°pan range. The rigid and light aluminum alloy legs ensure the excellent loading capacity and stability.

Max.Height Min.Height Folded Height Tilt Range Pan Range Net Weight Max.Load
Click to Enlarge 55.4" 20.5" 28.7" -85°/+90° 360° 9.2Lbs 11Lbs

Feature: Professional tripods can be used for camera.
A quick release system with a safety lock prevents inadvertent disengagement of the camera latch
Payload capacity is up to 5kgs (11Lbs), making it the versatile solution for all DV cameras.

Enlarge
Fluid drag system ensures smooth, consistent fluid drag control. The built-in counterbalance system comprises of a sliding camera platform, optimizing tilt control. It allows a -85°/+90°angle tilt

Enlarge

Specifications: Material Ma/Alum Alloy
Leg Stages/Sections
2/3

Leg Lock Type
Flip Lock
Max. Loading Capacity
5kg(11Lbs)

Folded Height
730mm(28.7Inch)
Head & Leg Attachment Tech
3/8Inch Screw

Min. Operating Height
520mm(20.5Inch)
Max. Height
1410mm(55.4Inch)

Tilt Range
-85°/+90°
Max. Height W/O Column
1660mm(65.4Inch)

Pan Range 360° Video Camera Connect Fitting 1/4" & 3/8" Screw
Net Weight
4200g(9.2Lbs)

Package includes: E-Image EI-717AT(555AT) Tripod x1
E-Image EI-7SH handle x1
E-Image EI-717AH Video Head x1
E-Image Tripod Travel Case x1
Original Manufactory Package x1

Enlarge

May we recommend similar items(Click pictures or mod
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #2
Inner Circle

for the price (about 150$) this a really nice tripod.
on the the other way you can say it is a cheap chinese copy of a well known manufacturer, so you get what you pay for.
I got three of them and i would buy more if needed. using it with sony FX1 and EX1.
the only advice is to buy the extended version (about 170$) , since the regular version is a bit short (but not more than every tripod in the same range).
add too the 2nd handle and the camera plate since it is a custom version that could be hard to find if you loose it.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads