Anyone have the manfrotto 532art? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 26th, 2005, 03:05 AM   #1
Trustee

Anyone have the manfrotto 532art?

I've ben using this tripod and really like it.It opens quick and adjusts with buttons and an automatic system. But I found a problem when I tried to close the legs (keeping the same height of the tp) and carry the tp and camera together to another close location at the shoot.
What I found was that if you keep the legs somewhat spread while carrying, they keep their height. But if you close them too much (like when going through a narrow door space),an automatic release activates and the legs slide down, thereby losing the level and height adjustment.
A local camera guy and I tried to fool with it, but weren't able to solve the problem. Anyone else experience this?
Bruce Yarock
P.S.- I called Bogen and Bh, but they were both closed for good Friday.
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2005, 04:21 AM   #2
Manfrotto Product Manager

Hi Bruce:

That is the way the ART system operates. When the legs close, the spreader deactivates the locking mechanism which releases the locks on all the legs. As soon as you open the tripod the legs lock into position.

Marc Schotland
Manfrotto
Marc Schotland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2005, 06:02 AM   #3
Trustee

Thanks, Marc. I guess that if I want to move it around, I need to keep the legs slightly opened.
Bruce Yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads