Tripod recommendations for a Panny AG-HMC40? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old May 7th, 2010, 10:07 AM   #1
New Boot

Tripod recommendations for a Panny AG-HMC40?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations for a decent tripod. I have a nice tripod at home, but really it's for still cameras so it only has the single threaded screw rather then the post and threaded screw for camcorders (the HF100 I was using only had the threaded hole and not the standard 2 hole configuration so my heavy SLR tripod worked fine for it ;) ).

My budget isn't huge, I have no problem with used. I don't need a humongous uber awesome, will survive the next war type tripod, but something good, stable and not terribly heavy.

The camera itself weighs ~2 lbs, with accessories I figure MAX weight I need to consider would be about 4 lbs (including accessories I don't own)
Tony Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #2
Trustee

I await the Manfrotto haters to chime in but I'm thrilled with the 503HDV head. You can get it with a variety of legs to suit your taste for under $700. I've had a friend's HMC40 on it as well as my 150 and works great. MUCH better than the 501HDV.
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #3
New Boot

Hey, I took your advice, and I got a tripod kit with the 503 - it seems really nice. The only thing I'd change if I could would to add graduated marking on the head for when panning and tilting to have a quick reference for where center/straight is (at least in tilt) - but other then that - so far I like it. I still have to get used to the controls and their locations. I'm looking forward to using it!
Tony Harris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads