Canon XL2 to Manfrotto 504HD - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old April 5th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Canon XL2 to Manfrotto 504HD

Howdy, okay, I received the Manfrotto the other day, and promptly repacked and shipped back to NY. Victoria to NY $119 with insurance. But this is a good decision.

The new Libec RS 250 is on its way. Now, I realized that I may have order the wrong tripod. There is an M model which is mid level spreader, and the normal ground level. I have the ground level being shipped. Is this a mistake?

Thks in advance.
Gary Badgley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Hi, Gary............

Any chance you can cancel it?

The ground level spreader has it's uses, but not many, I have to admit.

If you do a lot of shooting indoors on hard floors it comes in useful, though not as usefull as a dolly, but then, not nearly as expensive either.

If cancelling it at this stage is going to cost you even more money, it might be just as well to let it go and simply order the mid level spreader as a seperate item:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/688736-REG/Libec_BR_2B_BR_2B_Mid_Level_Spreader.html

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 08:56 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Hi Chris, the tripod has already shipped. But that's cool. I'll order the mid-level spread and enjoy the best of both worlds. One final point though, I looked at the operations manual on Libec's website, and it appears that I don't need to change the footpads. Just to be absolutely sure is that right?
Gary Badgley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Ah, the foot pads.

I'm not really sure what's going to happen with the foot pads.

I just checked the B&H site for the GLS version of the 250 and it makes no mention of footpads in the box, and the mid level spreader as an add on doesn't mention them either.

They are, however, listed seperately, so I have a feeling you'll have the GLS, MLS and just the little rubber "spit ball" thingies on the spikes.

You can buy the boots for an additional $39. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/688742-REG/Libec_FP_2B_FP_2B_Large_Rubber_Feet.html
It's strange, as a lot of other manufacturers bundle them in with the MLS straight up.

Try what you have in the interim, though I did notice using just the "spit balls" did make the sticks twitchier than with the boots.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads