Bag for tripods and stands at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old October 7th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Bag for tripods and stands

I am looking for a lightly padded bag in which I can use to store and transport a couple of tripods, lightstands and my Konova 31" slider.
After doing some research, I am leaning towards the Hakuba PSTC400, but before I pull the trigger I am interested in seeing what else is out there.
I dont need anything heavy duty like a manfrotto of Gitzo. Just something that is easy to transport.
Old October 7th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Bag for tripods and stands

Yo Chad, I would've thought you'd need a couple of bags to make it easier to travel. What would be the total weight with everything in one bag?

Maybe golf bag travel cases would do it? plenty on the web.

Cheers.
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:36 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey,
I ended up going with this. I just received it and it was exactly what I was looking for.

Old October 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #4
Trustee

Chad - thanks for reporting back what you got and that it works for you.

I'm looking for something similar for my light tripods too. I don't want them banging against themselves and getting all chipped, I don't want separate bags because it becomes too much to handle, and would like them all in one. Three Bogen Avengers and at 4.85 lbs (2.2kg) each they're pretty heavy by themselves so that's almost 15 pounds right there. Length folded is 36 inches (91cm) so they'll fit in the 40-inch bag nicely.

My wife has a fabric that is light-weight but has a lot of cushion to it and would be perfect to cover two of the three tripods.

I think I'll get a bag too and the price is really good.

If you want to comment about the fabric weight, the zipper (is it large or easy to zip?), and the handle (is it substantial?) it would be appreciated.
John Nantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #5
Regular Crew

This past weekend I put the bag through a rigorous test shooting a destination wedding and I was very happy with how it worked out.
I loaded the bag with 2 Tripods, 1 heavy duty video tripod, manfrotto 561 Monopod, Konova Slider, a few lightstands and a bunch of other stability gear which when added up, felt like I was carry a dead body Dexter-Style. Haha.
The Zippers worked without any issues.
I carried the bag using both the shoulder straps and handles, and I did not notice any sign of wear.
I really dont think you can go wrong with this bag especially for the price.
Old October 16th, 2012, 02:12 AM   #6
Major Player

i use this keyboard bag. Solid, nicely padded, fits a Libec LS38, a Velbon 538, two mic stands plus cables in outside pocket (there are 3 outside pockets and one large padded pocket inside) and has a shoulder strap.

EM5_DX - Levy's Leathers

you can find way cheaper, though:

Brian David Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:18 AM   #7
Major Player

I was in this situation some years back, and suddenly remembered the big soft case I'd used when emigrating from the UK to New Zealand. The base is reinforced, and it's long enough to get most of my light stands and tripods in, and has wheels at one end.

Damn heavy when full of gear though.

Mine looks something like this:
Mystic Gear Box travel bag with wheels, large wheeled board bag
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #8
Trustee

Hi Chad - thanks very much for the feedback report:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Andreo View Post
This past weekend I put the bag through a rigorous test shooting a destination wedding and I was very happy with how it worked out.
I loaded the bag with 2 Tripods, 1 heavy duty video tripod, manfrotto 561 Monopod, Konova Slider, a few lightstands and a bunch of other stability gear which when added up, felt like I was carry a dead body Dexter-Style. Haha.
The Zippers worked without any issues.
I carried the bag using both the shoulder straps and handles, and I did not notice any sign of wear.
I really dont think you can go wrong with this bag especially for the price.
Price-wise this seems like a good-bang-for-the-buck.

Remember the old saying "Less is more?" Well, I remember it but I'm having difficulty living up to it. Today I picked up a neat used Stroboframe Pro-SQ bracket. All these "little things" have a way of adding up, both in bulk and in weight. And there is more to keep track of. But, this was necessary! I want to find a way to mount the Rycote Windshield on it with the video camera so I don't need to use a pole (that everybody says I need).

In a few days I'll be getting a monopod. More stuff.

But my plan is to not take it ALL along to every shoot, just selected items. At least that's the plan.

Everyone else: I'd like to thank you guys, too, for taking the time to chime in. I'll check out what everybody said about their bags too. There are some things I have that are more "delicate" than others and need more protection.

As for Trevor, though, after having seen the prices for things in New Zealand, if I ever immigrated I'd plan on importing a truck. Filled with as much stuff as they would allow!
John Nantz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads