Oskar Heiler head. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 16th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Oskar Heiler head.

A trip back in time....... Sold in the U.K. in the 80's and I've got one. Anybody know how to get it serviced? A great bit of kit, but after 30 years needs a bit of a TLC. Love to get it back up to spec.
Far too good to become a doorstop......
Godfrey Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Oskar Heiler head.

Hi Godfrey,

I had one of these heads and bought it new from ICE Films, the Aaton agent in London. You could try them
Old October 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi David - that was quick! ICE went bust but was bought up by somebody who'se name escapes me - but I could find out. They were only the agents in the UK, so I think a bloke in Mannheim is the sort of fellow I need.
I see a mission before me.........
Old October 16th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Sad to hear ICE went out of business. I would think however that someone that services Sachtler may be able to help.
Old October 16th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi David - I think Oskar had some connection with Sachtler, not sure how. His son ran the business for a while but no trace of him today, as far as I know. Will give ICE a ring - will get some teenager with a memory that goes back six months..........

P.S. Love those Digi Aatons - wish I could afford one......
Old October 22nd, 2012, 12:06 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hi David - spoke with Peter Bryant at ICE - he goes back to the original company, you would have dealt with him when you bought yours. He told me they packed up selling them in the mid nineties and had no idea what became of them. He did say that he would ask around to see if someone could take on a service - but, as he pointed out, should it need spare parts there is no source available.
Might try an e-mail to Sachtler to see if they can help...... A long shot I know.

Last edited by Godfrey Kirby; October 22nd, 2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Spelling
Godfrey Kirby is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads