Benro Tripods? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 11th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #1
New Boot

Benro Tripods?

Hello,
I am new to the forum and new to any serious outdoor video work. I own a GL2 and plan to use it for wildlife videos (which will require backpacking in some cases).
I am curious if anyone has used a Benro tripod specifically the C-297 with offset center column or the C-228.
I am trying to avoid spending the bucks for a Gitzo, but I may have to. The other option may be a Manfrotto 055MF4.
Your comments would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Sterrett Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:46 PM   #2
New Boot

Thanks, problem solved

I solved my problem: I bought the best, a "lightly used" Gitzo 2228. I figured I might as well spend the bucks and get the best and not be sorry. I bought a used Gitzo for a few more bucks than a new Bogen/Manfrotto, but I should not get hurt too bad if I ever decided to sell it.
I'm excited to try it and see how it performs.
Thanks to all those who looked at my post.

Sterrett
Sterrett Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:34 AM   #3
Major Player

Gitzo

Hi Sterret

You will never be sorry. I have a 1327 carbon and have hauled it all over the planet. It is indestructible, extremely stable and Light which really makes a difference, especially after carrying it all day. The legs are under 5 lbs, and with a fluid head and bowl adapter it is about 9 lbs. Lot lighter than almost the 14 lbs with my manfrotto.

Jack
Jack D. Hubbard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads