Bogen / Manfrotto 560B Fluid Video Monopod - what do you think? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 6th, 2006, 05:33 PM   #16
Wrangler

i'll have some footage online in a few days which i shot with this...with my canon HV10, it is the absolute best accessory out there for this cam. you get mad smooth pans, and tripod-still footage when you let the camera rest on it stand-alone. it's fantastic for light cameras. i can't say enough good things about it for portability. i hiked all over the desert with this monopod and had no regrets leaving even my lightest tripod behind. it takes a little practice to get super smooth, but it is light years better than my old regular monopod, and the legs are a much more stable platform than those wiry kind.

now, i also have an FX-1, which i used to shoot a friend's wedding, and it was great, but it is more limited than with the HV10. i would be reluctant to let the camera stand alone for tripod-like stillness, because it can't completely bear the extra weight. also, the extra weight settles the camera into the legs in such a way that the pans have considerably less range of motion than with the HV10 because there is a sticking point where the weight of the camera "catches" the fluid ball joint. so you can still do smooth pans and tilts, but within a limited range. it was great for the wedding, though, because i was very mobile, and i could get great overhead shots standing on a chair that i could not have gotten easily with a tripod....

i only hope they make a beefier version of this monopod which works a little better with the FX-1 and with my heavier cameras. i would buy one in a heartbeat!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 10:16 AM   #17
Major Player

I know this thread is old, but I have been thrilled with the Manfrotto Video Monopod 560B-1 on the Rebel T2i. With the Tamron 17-50, it is bit front heavy but it can actually stand by itself if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Bogen / Manfrotto 560B Fluid Video Monopod - what do you think?-manfrotto_560b.jpg   Bogen / Manfrotto 560B Fluid Video Monopod - what do you think?-tamron17-50.jpg  

John C. Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #18
Major Player

I've got a Manfrotto tripod and the 701HDV and was looking for a heavy duty monopod and was disappointed when I unpacked the 560 today. It is really for flip cams and light dslr. My 5dMK2 w/battery grip is too much for it and the quick release is a very small adaptor.

Packing it up and returning to B&H tomorrow.
My search continues.......
Old November 4th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #19
Major Player

John, I wouldn't trust that monopod to stand by itself! I have both the 560 and the 561 (heavier duty with fluid tilt). I love them both, but the 561 is a little heavy and not needed for the DSLR's I now use.

What I've really enjoyed lately is the 560 you have and replaced the head with a inexpensive Velbon PH368 head. I lock the pan knob on the tripod (pan using the monopod) and use the tilt of the Velbon. Silky smooth. You could use another head of your choice, but the results are great and the head was only about $30. Here's what it looks like: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eo...rtability.html
Roger Shealy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads