repacing bubble level? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old April 21st, 2003, 10:19 AM   #1
New Boot

repacing bubble level?

Is it possible to replace the bubble level in the bogen tripods?
If so , where do I get one.
I have two that are dried out.
Thanks
Steven Dumala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2003, 10:43 AM   #2
Capt. Quirk

I went to WalMart, and got 2 bubble levels for an RV. They cost about $2, and get the tripod closer to level than the one it came with.
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2003, 12:32 PM   #3
Warden

Do a search on bubble level and you should find several threads. Hama, a German company makes a real nice one that fits your accessory shoe (hot shoe). There are others I mention in previous threads as well.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2003, 10:28 PM   #4
New Boot

Thanks for the reply. I did a search for bubble level and did not come up with anything. Maybe I am using the search thing wrong.
I like the idea of getting a level from walmart. Are they the type of level that only levels one dirrection? If so do I need two of them.
Do you put the level on the tripod or on the head?
Steven Dumala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2003, 01:36 AM   #5
Warden

Here is one of the threads, it has a link to the Hama Bubble Level. I think in your situation, the level will need to be mounted on the camera. Bogen can also sell you a replacement.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2003, 05:38 AM   #6
Capt. Quirk

They are the one way levels. Small enough to put anywhere. I believe the best placement would be on the tripod and head.
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2003, 08:34 AM   #7
Major Player

If the built-in bubble is replaced, it will mostly likely align itself with the tripod or head by default.

But if you add the hardware store bubble, you will have to make sure that the tripod or head is perfectly level, then install the bubble carefully so it is perfectly aligned.

The former will cost a bit more. The latter will take more time.

Bogen parts can be obtained by calling (201) 818-9500 Ext-244. The guy who usually answers the phone is really good, knows his stuff and quickly understands what you need.
Will Fastie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads