Gitzo G1380 is Bogen 505! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old May 5th, 2003, 04:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Gitzo G1380 is Bogen 505!

Well, I just bought a Gitzo G1380 -- but only because I got an exceptional deal on a new one from Henry's Camera in Toronto (I'm in CT, USA). Come to find out, the Bogen 505 is the G1380. B&H sells the G1380 for $100 **more** ($875) than the 505 ($775) -- ostensibly for the exact-same thing.

Also, the QR plate that comes with the G1380 uses a 3/8" mounting screw. Unfortunately the Canon GL2 uses a 1/4" mounting screw, so I guess I'll just have to get one and wait another couple of days before I can really use the beautiful G1380.

What a head!
Old May 5th, 2003, 06:39 PM   #2
Major Player

Brendan. Look AGAIN in the packaging your head came in. I made the same mistake and ASSUMED I would need to go buy a 1/4" screw to use my 1380... there is a 1/4" screw INCLUDED somewhere in your packaging... just unscrew the 3/8" and put the 1/4" in and start using your head. No pun intended.
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 09:07 PM   #3
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Matt Gettemeier : Brendan. Look AGAIN in the packaging your head came in. I made the same mistake and ASSUMED I would need to go buy a 1/4" screw to use my 1380... there is a 1/4" screw INCLUDED somewhere in your packaging... just unscrew the 3/8" and put the 1/4" in and start using your head. No pun intended. -->>>

Hehehehe

Talk about being an IDIOT! I actually took the screw out of the box (in a plastic) bag, looked at it, wondered about what it was for, and then put it down and went about unpacking the rest of the stuff and forgot all about it.

Thanks for tuning me in Matt! Now we're even ;-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads