A Call in the Rainforest - preview - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old June 11th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: A Call in the Rainforest - preview

Steve and Vishal,
Thanks a lot.
Here is the post with images and other details:
Maharashtra Government awards 2nd Prize to “A Call in the Rainforest”

The good thing about the prize is that the Maharashtra Government will now show my film in many cities and that will help in raising awareness.

The full production is available in DVD and at some point I will put it up in the web.

In a number of screenings, I find that people have not even seen an image of the Lion-tailed Macaque. I seriously feel sad that India is a country with such amazing biodiversity and a majority of our people are not aware. Clearly we need to do more films on different topics.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi
Old February 17th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #17
Major Player

Re: A Call in the Rainforest - Full Movie

Finally I could upload the full film in the net for people to see. You can see the Main part here:

and the last part:

Cheers,
Sabyasachi
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #18
Trustee

Great story Sabyasachi,
Thank you for putting that up for all to see. Such a pity so much pressure is on so many species there in India. With the poplulation growing rapidly lots of effort will need to go towards saving these animals or they will surely be lost forever. Films like your will hopefully help raise awareness & help the cause.
Regards,
Bryce
Old February 21st, 2013, 01:18 PM   #19
Major Player

Thanks Bryce. I am happy that you liked it.

Unfortunately the situation is becoming really tough. With a billion plus population and net addition of one person every 29 seconds, we are running out of space. No idea what will happen. One by one, I am taking up the issues faced by each species.

Working on leopards now. Elephant project will be the next large project which has been delayed.

Hope the message reaches lot of people so that some positive change can happen.
Old February 21st, 2013, 09:01 PM   #20
Major Player

Sabyasachi,

Well done, nice work.

I think India has a hard task on her hands, I returned to India last year with a gap of 30 years in between. I was astounded at the population growth, and of course, the physical country has not grown!

Extrapolating on your '1 birth every 29 seconds' equates to ~63,072,000 new borns per year, astounding! Whilst I was there I was chatting to a couple of guys who told me the birth figures for New Delhi were in the order of 23,000,000 / yr. The calculated population for the whole of Australia, on the 22 Feb 2013, is 22,927,300. To put this into perspective, India is 3287590 sq km (1269219.3 sq mi) and Australia is 7686850 sq km (2967909 sq mi), so India is a little under half the size of Australia, but it's capital (India) has a birth rate of our entire nation in one year, and India in the whole, has ~3 times the birth rate of the entire population of Australia / yr.

One must remember that that is not population growth but the figures are nonetheless astounding.

Good luck with your endeavors. I feel you're capturing images that are likely never to be repeated and whose value will increase exponentially as every year passes. (I'm not talking monetary value here.)

Al

Last edited by Alan Melville; February 21st, 2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Typo
Alan Melville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #21
Major Player

Hi Allan,
I was talking of a net addition of one person every 29 seconds ie. birth minus death.

Some people think that if air is polluted, then they will stay indoors inside AC rooms. At times, I feel stunned by some of the responses from our educated mass.

India is changing too fast. When I go to some part of my country after a year, I find my favourite places for wildlife destroyed by some plantations, houses etc. Even the sanctuaries and national parks are impacted by the mad tourist rush.

I have seen perennial streams drying up. The once pristine places are filled with garbage. I used to drink water directly from the streams. Today, that is becoming a challenge. When I am trying to record sound in a forest, I find mostly sound of vehicles or some loudspeaker from some village etc. We are fighting a losing battle. May be fore every battle won, we are losing some thousand battles. Just trying to do whatever is possible.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land