Exploring Mill Creek (4K) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old October 19th, 2017, 01:51 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Exploring Mill Creek (4K)

Many thanks, Vishal, and because I have taken Mark’s thread ‘Exploring Mill Creek (4K)’ off course more than I should - my apologies Mark - I shall begin a new thread.

Mark, I look forward to viewing you upcoming work with the GH5. I have no doubt it will meet, and probably exceed, your usual excellence.

Cheers

John
John McCully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2017, 02:40 PM   #17
Trustee

No problem taking it off course with GH5 questions. I will add to what Vishal said. The Panasonic 100-300 is a little soft at the long end according to what I have read. I am using the Oly 75-300 which is said to be just a little sharper. I usually use it at f/8. But if I had the money there is no doubt I would have the Panasonic 100-400. On a minor note but important to me is the 75-300 and 100-300 both lack tripod collars making it difficult to get a good balance on a tripod as well as locking it down due to being front heavy. A shop over in Germany makes a custom collar but it is pretty expensive. Brian Byrd's Photo Blog ? A German Tripod Collar for Panasonic 100-300 Lens ? Article 272
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2017, 09:37 PM   #18
Major Player

Thanks Mark, I shall wait and get your opinion as things unfold regarding the value of 60p as you see it with your style of shooting. Yes, the Panasonic 100-400 is allegedly a sharper lens however when I look at the cost of that lens plus the GH5 we are up there close to US$4000.00 and for that money I would also look at the Panasonic AG-UX180 and the upcoming Canon XF400.

Thanks for the link to the 100-300 collar. I shall look at that too.
John McCully is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land