DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Who is who (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/110378-who-who.html)

Brian McKay January 22nd, 2008 09:38 AM

Finally got it to work properly...wonderful film Rob. If only spring would get here.

Brian

Rob Evans January 22nd, 2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian McKay (Post 812274)
Finally got it to work properly...wonderful film Rob. If only spring would get here.

Brian

It's not too far away here, i lay in the bath this morning with the window open, listening to the birds going crazy outside.
Ironically we're having a pretty crazy time here, in the north there's a load of snow, and on the south coast Daffodils have started to bloom in places!!!

Meryem Ersoz January 23rd, 2008 11:11 AM

lovely film, rob. you're a very good narrator.

and a belated welcome to some new faces, annie from wales and jurgen from belgium. hope you all are planning to sign up on thursday! sorry i've been kind of lax on my welcome wagon duties, the launch of the new website has been preoccupying...

it's hard work sitting around watching mat do all the work!

belgium would be another new country to add to our expanding list. and a place which i know nothing whatsoever about, so let the education begin!

bring on belgium!

Janis Williams January 23rd, 2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz (Post 812881)

belgium would be another new country to add to our expanding list. and a place which i know nothing whatsoever about, so let the education begin!

bring on belgium!

They make the BEST chocolates..... but I'll kill anyone who makes a film about them because I need to loose a few pounds atm ;)

Jurgen Geevels January 24th, 2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz (Post 812881)
lovely film, rob. you're a very good narrator.

and a belated welcome to some new faces, annie from wales and jurgen from belgium. hope you all are planning to sign up on thursday! sorry i've been kind of lax on my welcome wagon duties, the launch of the new website has been preoccupying...

it's hard work sitting around watching mat do all the work!

bring on belgium!

hehe, thanks for the welcome :) I'd like to take part in it, but I'm very unexperienced compared to everyone here :o

Trond Saetre January 24th, 2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurgen Geevels (Post 813485)
hehe, thanks for the welcome :) I'd like to take part in it, but I'm very unexperienced compared to everyone here :o

Don't worry about that. We have all been unexperienced sometime. And it's only one way to get more experience... to join the uwol friendship and have fun with us.
Stay with us and sign up for the next challenge. The sign up thread should be available very soon.

Meryem Ersoz January 24th, 2008 11:17 AM

sorry jurgen, no excuses! we're all here to learn. every time you post a film, you learn a few more tricks. that's the point! besides, ahem, rule #11--have fun!

this is a pretty friendly group, you will find--it's a great place to start without much experience...everyone gets a lot of satisfaction from seeing each other learn and improve.

look, even our per johan had to learn how to shoot at NIGHT, for the first time!

Jurgen Geevels January 24th, 2008 11:53 AM

I love the community allready, I'll try to make the best from it! :)

Meryem Ersoz January 24th, 2008 12:58 PM

all right, jurgen, it is too late for our t-shirts, but!...

how would you say "our world, your vision" in belgium? is it just the same as french? (in which case you're already covered, on the t-shirt)

...see how little i know? shameful...

Jurgen Geevels January 24th, 2008 01:27 PM

well you have two (even three if you include german) languages in belgium, Mainly dutch (called flemish here) and the other language is indeed french!
I am from the dutch part though

our world, your vision is "Onze wereld, jouw visie!"

Thanks for being so interested in our little country though, we are not used to that :)

Meryem Ersoz January 24th, 2008 01:33 PM

wow, we could take up a whole t-shirt with just the belgian languages...we'll have to add dutch to next year's model...

well, i already know more about the weather in norway and in the arctic circle than i ever imagined that i would know...why not add belgium to the list?? we're all about the world travel from the ease of your desktop....

Jurgen Geevels January 24th, 2008 02:16 PM

sounds great, if you'd include belgium you would include the netherlands aswell, since we speak the same language ^^

(and in southern africa they speak a language very alike to ours)

Meryem Ersoz January 24th, 2008 02:44 PM

well...we include everyone from any country...they just gotta post a film first! to make it official...

John Dennis Robertson January 25th, 2008 02:24 AM

In South Africa we have a language called Afrikaans that comes from the dutch settlers.Dutch speaking people have no problem with understanding afrikaans,I however need a dutch speaking person to slow down a bit when they talk in order to understand them.In South Africa we have 11 official languages,we tend to get a bit too politicaly correct these days.Oh yes Jurgen,I only had my camera for about 2 weeks before I signed up for my first contest here.Not all of us are experts.....Have fun

Dale Guthormsen January 31st, 2008 10:49 PM

lets see some pictures

I started this thread so we could put some pictures to place the competitors..

Nice to know who is whupping me!!

Lets see some of your mugs please!!! Particularly all those in the next uwol 7!!!!!!!!!!!