DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Who is who (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/110378-who-who.html)

Kevin Railsback February 10th, 2008 08:26 AM

Hey there Jessica.
Welcome to the UWOL family.

Several great things about the UWOL family. First and foremost, the people we have incredibly talented people from all over the world. But you won't find stuffed shirts or pompous egos here.

Second, the challenge gives you an opportunity to make some films you might not have otherwise. Plus, it gives you some insight on how other filmmakers tackle the same theme. You will pick up ideas that you may not have ever thought of that you can incorporate into future projects.

Next is the feedback. You get to hear from other filmmakers, what they thought worked and what didn't. It's constructive advice. We'll tell you if that transition didn't work for us or you held that shot to long. BUT, and this is the cool part, is that we'll ALSO give you feedback on what you could do differently.

Combined with all this feedback from numerous nature/wildlife/outdoor filmmakers you can get a pretty good handle on how your film is being received.

And the last, and this is by far the most important thing about UWOL is to have FUN!

Enjoy your time spent shooting, editing, thinking of an idea etc. That's the best part of UWOL.

Look forward to having you join us in March.

Catherine Russell February 13th, 2008 01:41 PM

Here I am Meryem!

Boy you are right.... dangerous it's been! wink wink! Welcome Jessica! Like Meryem said, I like to cheer on the ladies! We need to balance out all these talented guys!

See you next round!

Cato

Dale Guthormsen March 21st, 2008 10:12 PM

some more pictures, EH?

I wanted to put this back on top of the list to see if we can get some of you others to post some pictures up here!!!

We have 22 so far, there are at least 20 more of you out there!!

Come on you people lets see your mug shots!!

Grant Sherman March 22nd, 2008 02:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's me, with my private yacht in the background!

Bob Thieda March 22nd, 2008 06:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
OK...since I actually completed an entry, I'll share....

One pic is my wife and I doing the Niagara Falls thing in '06

The other is from last summer doing what I do on weekends....(I'm the guy in black)

Kevin Railsback March 22nd, 2008 02:11 PM

Howdy Grant, Bob!

Dang Bob, glad to see they got that pole removed from your head before you shot UWOL #7! :)

Bob Thieda March 22nd, 2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Railsback (Post 846781)
Howdy Grant, Bob!

Dang Bob, glad to see they got that pole removed from your head before you shot UWOL #7! :)

LOL.....geezzzz, some video guy I am...I didn't even notice that when I found it....

I'm still laughin', thanks, I needed that.....

Bob

John Dennis Robertson March 25th, 2008 07:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok suppose I better post a mug shot
I am the one on the right with the funny hat

Bob Thieda March 25th, 2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Dennis Robertson (Post 848041)
Ok suppose I better post a mug shot
I am the one on the right with the funny hat

Vintage road racing....Very, very cool!!

John Dennis Robertson March 25th, 2008 09:23 AM

Hey Bob as you can see its not just the motorcycles that are vintage....All the guys in the pic are multiple champions.The guy in the middle is Jim Redman.6 times world champion

Vegard Paulsen March 29th, 2008 04:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
So this time i have the rights to upload attachments :)
Lets try it again!

My name is Vegard and im 26years old.
I'm a viking like some other members of uwol and we like filming in rough enviroments ! I do alot of outdoor stuff with my Canon XH-A1 and will try to compete in the upcoming uwol's.

Meryem Ersoz March 29th, 2008 08:40 PM

another one of those good-looking viking boys...and they can shoot, too. welcome, vegard. cool pics!