DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Who is who (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/110378-who-who.html)

Dale Guthormsen December 16th, 2007 05:47 PM

Who is who

1 Attachment(s)
Good evening,

Through the course of the year I got glimpses of a few of our uwolers.

I would love to have a glimpse of everyone that participated.

So, I am starting with an attached picture of myself.

I hope that the rest of you will join in!!!!

May you have a merry christmas.

Geir Inge December 16th, 2007 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What a great idea Dale, and good evening to you too.
Here I am and my house is just one of those behind me.

Geir Inge

Per Johan Naesje December 17th, 2007 12:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,
this is me in one of those magical moments :-)
Thanks everybody for wonderful year at the uwol-challenge!

Chris Barcellos December 17th, 2007 02:40 AM

This I....

1 Attachment(s)
This is closest I got to looking like a real nature videographer....

Bob Safay December 17th, 2007 05:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, this is me Brazil. Happy Holidays to you all. Bob Safay

Carl Middleton December 17th, 2007 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos (Post 793925)
This is closest I got to looking like a real nature videographer....

Nice rig! If that's a 503 head it's identical to mine ;) I recognize the camera (of course) and the legs ;)

Jim Montgomery December 17th, 2007 08:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thats me, my brother Jim and my baby brother Jim

Vidar Vedaa December 17th, 2007 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
On wildlife filming and waiting,do that sometime!!!!

Trond Saetre December 17th, 2007 09:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey, great idea, Dale.
Nice when we have a face in addition to only the names.

The one of me is from the top of the highest mountain at my hometown.
The valley is what I am filming in the other photo.

Dale Guthormsen December 17th, 2007 12:09 PM

How do I put the picture on the page??

Geir Inge December 17th, 2007 12:46 PM

Hi Dale.
When you reply to a tread there is additional options under the box you are writing/typing into.
Click the button "Manage Attachments" and you'll get a new box where you can upload your photo.
Hope this make sence :)

Geir Inge

Per Johan Naesje December 17th, 2007 12:47 PM

Dale,
rename your Dale G.bmp to DaleG.jpg and you done!

Note that you should name your files without any white spaces in the filenames. Even if it works with whitespaces!

Meryem Ersoz December 17th, 2007 01:29 PM

dale is exactly not known for his strict adherence to naming conventions!

sorry, dale, i could not resist!

my upload keeps getting rejected, will try later....

Mat Thompson December 17th, 2007 05:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh go on then.....One from earlier this year doing some diving at 'Stoney cove' or rather 'Stoney cold' in the UK.

Dale Guthormsen December 17th, 2007 08:32 PM

picture on page

1 Attachment(s)
just trying to place a picture on the page.

Meryem Ersoz December 17th, 2007 09:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
awright, let's try this again. this is the only shot i have of me actually shooting, and it's stills rather than video. unbeknownst to me (i was just working...), this very kind stranger who told me he was a DP in LA took this photo and asked me for my e-mail so that he could send it. and a week or so later, he e-mailed it to me. i was amazed that he actually followed through. i've always liked this picture, mostly because it reminds me of a moment of random generosity and thoughtfulness. with balloons.

Gilles Debord December 19th, 2007 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Chilean salmon 25 kg

Hi everybody

Merry Christmas for all

Gilles

Don DesJardin December 22nd, 2007 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings from Ventura, California. I have to say, that the people in this group are the greatest, and I'm looking forward to 2008 to continue the communication and dialog with you all. Here I am at 13,000 feet in Ecuador on a paid assignment, with the Antisana Volcano towering in the background. Best wishes and Happy Holidays to everyone.

David Gemmell December 22nd, 2007 09:49 PM

Hi to you wonderful UWOLERS

2 Attachment(s)
Photo of me with two of my boys (third one on a computer somewhere). We do have some great times together sitting and whispering all sorts of things to each other as we wait for the shot to happen.

Catherine Russell January 2nd, 2008 03:13 PM

My oh my! Everyone in UWOL is quite stud-like and handsome... that includes you too Meryem! I'm impressed!

Looking forward to the kick off in February!

Cat

Meryem Ersoz January 3rd, 2008 09:50 AM

"stud-like" --that's a good one, Cat. actually, it was more like "had to be up at 5am to drive to Erie without coffee..."

i didn't even have time to shave, har!

where's your piccy, Cat??

Catherine Russell January 3rd, 2008 11:34 AM

Hi Meryem:

5 a.m. without coffee and a shave? Like I said... stud-like!

My picture? I'll look around for something.... I'm sorely tempted to throw up something quite stud-like doing something rather daring... but I don't do much of those things anymore! Most likely I'll find a picture of me holding a duck or something!

Off to find something....

Cat

David Gemmell January 7th, 2008 05:38 AM

Come on Cat - were all waiting for that shot of yours!

Catherine Russell January 7th, 2008 02:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, it has now occurred to me that if you are running around with the camera you don't tend to be in the picture! I located 3 pics to my name... one with me hanging off a tower (which I don't do anymore so I nixed that one), one with me looking into the camera with blood shot eyes (but very happy!) after being up all night with my husband delivering twins (goats that is!) and then this one where I'm holding Henry a Rouen male duck. Sorry, not looking into the camera but it's about the best I can do! Oh well, got to keep some mystery in it all, right? ;-).

All the best to everyone in 2008 and a fun year of filming and sharing film!

Cat

Trond Saetre January 7th, 2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine Russell (Post 804251)
Sorry, not looking into the camera but it's about the best I can do!

No need to say sorry, Catherine! It's a good photo.
Amazing that Henry the duck accepted to be held like that.

David Gemmell January 7th, 2008 08:01 PM

Yes, I agree with Trond, it is a lovely photo.

All the very best to you also in 2008.

Catherine Russell January 8th, 2008 10:35 AM

Hi Trond and David:

Always great to hear from you two! Trond, your comment about how amazing it was that Henry would allow himself to be held like that.... well to be honest, he wasn't exactly enjoying himself. He was actually shaking like a leaf but he deserved it... he was goosing the chickens!

David, I'm beginning to think "kind and gracious" is your signature trademark!

Can you believe it's so close to our first go around for 2008? And Meryem promises an "easy" theme to kick off the season! But then again, the description "easy" kind of worries me ... ;-).

Cat

Geir Inge January 8th, 2008 11:05 AM

Hi Catherine.
Very nice photo of you and the duck.
Even if we are located at different places of the world, it's great to have a face to put on everyone participating in uwol.
After the "night" the February issue just have to look a little brighter when it comes to uwol, at least over here n Norway the days are getting longer/now we have around 5 hours of daylight :)
And I'm sure Meryem will host up an "easy" task for us to play too.

Geir Inge

Catherine Russell January 8th, 2008 05:20 PM

Hi Geir:

Nice to hear from you too! How is the night job going? Are you getting more rest than you were at the end of last year? I hope so. You'll need your energy up for all that great filming you're going to do this year. Looking forward to this!

Cat

Trond Saetre January 8th, 2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine Russell (Post 804773)
Trond, your comment about how amazing it was that Henry would allow himself to be held like that.... well to be honest, he wasn't exactly enjoying himself. He was actually shaking like a leaf but he deserved it... he was goosing the chickens!

Well, in the photo he was hiding the shaking very well. :)

Less than a month left to UWOL7 - season 2.
2 months without a challenge is a long time to wait.
It will be so much fun getting started again.

Dale Guthormsen January 10th, 2008 08:14 AM

Tronde,

I am already getting anxious about the February topic. Even most of our snow has left and it is kind of ugly and dirty looking out there in the wilds. We are also do for a 30 below zero snap at any time!!!

Trond Saetre January 10th, 2008 04:13 PM

We only have snow up in the mountains so far.
Here at the coast, it's just rain, rain and more rain, so yeah, it's mostly a brown colored nature here these days. Wouldn't mind a little snow for a change.
30 below freezing? Ouch, find all your warm clothes, Dale!

Jeff Hendricks January 14th, 2008 08:26 AM

Might as well join in the fun

1 Attachment(s)
This is me captaining my brand new (old) sail boat on lake Tahoe...Still learning to sail but dang I look cool, eh? :)

Annie Haycock January 14th, 2008 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Had a look down the thread, and thought I could add myself. But then it took a while to find the photo - the only one I have, taken when I was leading a natural history trip to Greece. The scarce swallowtail butterfly landed on my finger, and someone had a camera handy. Let's see if I can work out how to attache the picture to the post!

Now, I'd better get back to work, so that when the weather does clear, I have time to take a camera out - maybe stills, maybe video . . . . . . . .

Brian McKay January 17th, 2008 10:17 AM

Hello All:

This an excellent thread I'll dig out a picture shortly and post it. I've been out of touch for sometime now. I'm back after installing a new power supply, mother board and RAM not that I wanted to but following a batch of serious power failures I ended up with a fried computer. I'll keep this short but want to post a warning more or less. We were out of town, computer was off and plugged into a surge protector, my printer was accidentally left on all other items off. During our absence the local power supplier had some serious problems with one of the generators which caused long brown outs and power out conditions. We returned from our travels to a dead computer nothing absolutely dead. Packed it up and dropped it off to the local geek after hours or messing around...conclusion during the brown outs etc. power goes up the USB connection into the mother board and presto you need a MB and power supply. The new board is an upgrade so required different ram.

So I'm back and ready for the next challenge.

PS: Dale I'll get those pictures to you shortly.

Brian

Bruce Foreman January 18th, 2008 12:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Kinda late getting mine in here. This was taken by one of the friends I have coffee with once a week. All of them are both retired military and retired Civil Service.

I had just bought a Kodak Z740 5MP with 10X zoom as a "knockaround" camera and it was being passed around so everyone could have a look at it.

One of them snapped this as it came by him.

Dave Robinson January 18th, 2008 04:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not much use really, but this is me in Dorothea Quarry.

Jurgen Geevels January 20th, 2008 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is me : >

Rob Evans January 21st, 2008 06:47 AM

Don't really have an "filmy" shots of me online, but I did a little piece to camera last year - it was very much UWOL inspired actually ;-)

And it makes me think that spring isn't too far around the corner......

http://www.treborsnave.com/video/blubellwalk.wmv
26mb WMV

Geir Inge January 21st, 2008 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Evans (Post 811671)
Don't really have an "filmy" shots of me online, but I did a little piece to camera last year - it was very much UWOL inspired actually ;-)

And it makes me think that spring isn't too far around the corner......

www.treborsnave.com/video/bluebellwalk.wmv

26mb WMV

Hi Rob.
Get an error message/can't find the site, trying to open your link?

Geir Inge