PJ's uwol#4 video "Pond of bears" at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old November 16th, 2008, 01:37 PM   #1
Trustee

PJ's uwol#4 video "Pond of bears"

I just want to tell you all great uwolers that our friend Per Johan's uwol#4 video, "Pond of bears" (2nd runner up in uwol#4) is among the ten (10) best at NRK this year (2008). Every year NRK (Norwegian national TV) let the viewers choose the best wildlife/nature video. You can vote by clicking at the video you like the most. Here's a link to PJ's "Pond of bears": Video of the year 2008

I'm not sure if you van vote from other countries, but if you want to give it a try, go to the link above and hit the blue button (saying Stem pa denne) under the TV screen.

I have written this tread by my own, so Per Johan don't know I've done this. Hope you don't mind PJ? I just want your friends at uwol to know how great wildlife moviemaker you are, (as they didn't know already), and how uwol can help wildlife film makers improving skills.

All the best
Geir Inge
Old November 17th, 2008, 03:04 AM   #2
Trustee

I'm back!

Hi all!
Long time since I visiting the uwol community, but now I am back again. Hopefully I will be able to be here at a more regular basis too!

Just a notice to Geir Inge's comment on "Pond of bears": This is something wich is re-edited by NRK. I sent them some minute of raw material from the trip to Finland (so actually this is not any copy of my uwol-entry!)

Good to be back again!
Per Johan
Old November 17th, 2008, 03:24 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Per Johan,
Your film of the bears, magic footage, the smaller bear tried his best to get his breakfast,

I see that there’s a video on another page a short clip TETT PÅ OTEREN is that yours film Geir Inge.
Old November 18th, 2008, 05:32 PM   #4
Trustee

sorry PJ for mixing the nrk scenes with your uwol4 video, i hope you win though :)
yes Ron it's my otter video they are showing at nrk, in fact some old scenes from the year 2007, raw clips edited by nrk.

"Ut i naturen" is a very popular program at NRK and the viewers can send in their own video clips and at the end of each year the viewers vote for the ten best videos
the award is a journey to svalbard islands i think :)

geir inge
Old November 19th, 2008, 04:32 AM   #5
Trustee

He he.....Per and Geir battling it out !

I have to say guys a lot of the other footage is very 'amateur video' in comparison.

I also have to say that if they re-edited I'm not overly impressed by there 'pro' editing. More than a few odd cuts in there!

Great stuff guys :-)
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge