Calling all bird clips - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old May 25th, 2019, 08:47 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: Calling all bird clips

Oh okay, I'm slow to get the process.

We Transfer is great too, I've done lots of transfers on that platform. The clip(s) can be sent directly to me at cat@spikeproductions.com.

Thanks!

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 01:07 PM   #17
Inner Circle

I got some footage today... well, only audio of birds singing. Those little creatures are way to clever, hiding in the trees.

But if it helps, I can send some to you tomorrow.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 03:29 PM   #18
Trustee

Sure, send it over Trond. Thanks for all the effort!
Old May 26th, 2019, 01:09 AM   #19
Inner Circle

I'll do my best to send over what might be useful.
Hope many are able and willing to contribute. I'm looking forward to see the final film.
Old May 26th, 2019, 01:14 AM   #20
Major Player

Just send three "We Transfer" e-mails to cat@spikeproductions.com

First one Skylark and Blackbird (the European one, relative of the American Robin, "four and twenty blackbirds" and "Blackbird singing in the dead of night")

Second Corn Bunting and Whitethroat (Corn Bunt song supposedly like a jingling set of keys) Whitethroat a member of the Old World warbler family and a summer visitor to Europe.(See "Home-Thoughts From Abroad"by R. Browning)

Third (Barn) Swallows, same as N American ones except ours winter in Africa and yours winter in S America.

Ron

ps plenty more where those came from!
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 09:02 AM   #21
Trustee

Ron and Trond:

Thank you so much! Because of your contributions, this part of the project is an incredible success! I also have been able to get some footage, it is springtime here and we have Western Meadow Larks and Spotted Towhees singing.

Bob and anyone else, please feel free to contribute. I will incorporate anything that is given to me, for this really is a community effort. This being said, the pressure is off in case you are having trouble finding the right clip. I now have plenty to work with.

This will be a herculean effort to pull off by Friday upload time, but until I hit a snag that really stops things cold, I'm going for it with all I've got!

Today I'm sitting in an empty closed office building on a Sunday waiting for a delivery of materials for my experimental film shoot at my office scheduled for Tuesday. Long story! But the big thing today is receiving the delivery successfully. If it somehow doesn't happen, then I'm in deep trouble. But it should happen, even if I sit here all day and part of the evening to get it!

I'm sincerely hoping this experiment will turn out beautifully. If not, I'll put up what I have and you can all advise me as to why my idea didn't work. It's all good.

Thanks for the support. This has been a great way to crash back into filming again!

Cat
Old May 26th, 2019, 09:20 AM   #22
Inner Circle

Birds are smart and hide very quickly! Didn't get any useful footage, but got some audio. An audio file of birds singing, is sent.
Old May 26th, 2019, 10:18 AM   #23
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Jackson View Post
How do we get such clips to you?

Ron
I have tried to answer your email, but somehow my answers got classified as spam.
But I see Catherine has posted her email address here in this thread, so hopefully all is good anyway.
Old May 26th, 2019, 11:43 AM   #24
Trustee

So far so good. I'm downloading Ron's files via We Transfer now. I also was able to intercept the delivery I was concerned about missing. Trond, not only will I be downloading what you sent me soon, but Gordon, it looks like you also have sent me something via We Transfer. If I run into any problems with these down loads, I'll let you know.

I feel so honored! Thanks all.

Cat
Old May 26th, 2019, 12:16 PM   #25
Major Player

Cat I hope it is useful to you. I forgot my audio recorder the other evening but I had an older one in the bottom of the box with the mike so I managed to get some audio though not the best. Good thing I did grab some batteries before I left home. I was holding out to get a western meadowlark for you but I see you got that yourself. Weather has been rain and rain showers for the last week so I'm still hoping to get it for myself.

Gordon
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 10:36 AM   #26
Major Player

Was travelling , just managed to get one bird calling sent which is a Rain Quail have sent it via Wetransfer, Its now peak of summers and everyone waiting for the monsoons to arrive and these birds come to us at the advent of monsoon some of the western parts received first folks of these in last few days.
Old May 27th, 2019, 10:47 AM   #27
Trustee

Vishal:

Thank you so much for thinking of me and contributing this little last minute project! I've just downloaded the clip. It's beautiful and how wonderful these birds are just coming in ahead of the monsoon season. What a catch.

Thanks again!
Cat
Old May 28th, 2019, 05:46 PM   #28
Trustee

Hi friends:

I have downloads video from: Ron, Gordon, Bob and Vishal. I have also downloaded an audio file from Trond.

Is this everyone? Please confirm if I've missed someone.

Thanks again all for contributing to this community project. I really appreciate the support.

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge