UWOL 53 The results at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old December 9th, 2019, 01:13 AM   #1
Inner Circle

UWOL 53 The results

With so few entries, and so few votes received, it is tough to announce a winning film.
So first of all: Congratulations and well done to all 3 who submitted a film!

Only one vote separated the winner from the other two films, so here we go:
The winner went out of his comfort zone and tried out something different this time. And the result came out pretty good.

Winning film of UWOL 53, theme "family":

Our birdwatching family - by Mick Jenner
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2019, 06:00 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: UWOL 53 The results

Well done to Geir and Gordon for also submitting an entry. I believe all our entries would have been worthy winners and thank you to those who voted. Thank you Trond for all your hard and Chris for hosting us.

Although pleased to have won, it does feel somewhat of a hollow victory.

There were 12 who signed up for this round and for various reasons all but three fell by the wayside, that for me is not an issue as I have on many occasions failed to complete an entry but, what does bother me is Trond's comment of "so few votes received"

Looking at the feedback threads apart from the entrants the only other comments came from Trond and Bob Safay, even though each entry had more than a hundred views. In the past if after signing up I have failed to submit a film I have had the courtesy to watch, comment and vote if I have had internet access during the voting period as I believe its good manners, after all we are all part of the UWOL family (no pun on the theme intended).

One of the reasons we comment on entries is to give feedback, positive or constructive, in order for us all to improve our filming and editing skills and without it we are failing in the objective of the challenges.

So come on guys please respect the hard work of those who organise the challenges and to those who are able to submit an entries each round and a least vote in future, and please try and find time to comment. This is most important for the future success of UWOL

Mick
Mick Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2019, 06:30 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Well said, Mick!

It has been a trend over the last few years, with a few exceptions once in a while, only those who submit an entry, provide feedback and votes for the winning film. This is indeed very sad to see, because the very foundation of the UWOL challenge is to push yourself so that you all can learn more and improve your own skills as film makers. Feedback is a really good way to reach that goal.

I hope to at least see more feedback comments and votes from those who sign up.
Anyone else is of course also encouraged to comment. Even an "I like your film" or "I didn't like it because....," can mean a lot.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2019, 07:36 AM   #4
Major Player

Congratulation Mick and Geir Inge to. Well done guys.
Mick and Trond brings up some really good points and unfortunately I've been guilty of them all I think. I'll try to do better next year.
Again thanks to Trond for all the time and effort he puts into this and Chris of course for giving us the place for it to happen.

Gordon
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2019, 06:06 AM   #5
Trustee

Congratulations Michael and Gordon, great videos you made.
Thanks to Trond for leading us, and to you Chris for accommodating us.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge