A big cheer! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge

The UWOL Challenge
An organized competition for Under Water, Over Land videographers!

Old March 19th, 2007, 05:43 AM   #1
Trustee

A big cheer!

I will give a big cheer to the 3 brave persons which has made the UWOL-challenge to a be reality - Meryem, Kevin and Mat!

Maybe some of you don't feel it that way right now, struggeling to get finished your film, but think about the hard work these 3 persons have done in the past! Think about all their thougts and worries they have been through. Their eager to inform us about all technical troubles and how to solve it!

They deserve praise for their hard work. Please give your respond here, so they can see that we appreciate their work. And lets also hope that they will continue to work for the challenge in the future.

Best;
Per Johan
Old March 19th, 2007, 06:02 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I will sure second that. I have been amazed at how quickly these guys respond to posts or emails for help. We all have busy lives doing all the other things that are necessary to allow us to be able to spend time playing around in the challenges, but it's like these guys are just sitting at the computer waiting for someone to ask for help. I know their have been issues with compression and uploading, but I'm sure we can all work together to get those problems resolved.

My most sincere appreciation to you guys for working so hard on this and allowing us all the opportunity to see the great works of all the contributors.

Rick
Rick A. Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 06:03 AM   #3
Trustee

Per Johan, I agree. They made this challenge work, even when things seemed to be falling apart as far as the uploads go. THREE CHEERS, no, make that FIVE CHEERS for Meryem, Kevin and Mat.
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 06:20 AM   #4
Trustee

I sure agree.
They've done a magnificent job, and we're just collecting the benefits from it.

I salute you Meryem, Kevin and Mat.
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:41 AM   #5
Major Player

Hats off

I have to agree. I'm sure this is a challenge for everyone involved. I expect a lot of their time is spent working on this so that those of us who like to shoot nature video have a chance to show it off. My hat's off.
Thank you.

Gordon Hoffman
Gordon Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 07:48 AM   #6
Wrangler

thanks, y'all. that was certainly a pleasant way to start the day...truly appreciate it, because all we're trying to do is provide a service to an under-serviced community. seeing you grow as video producers and helping you to crank out new videos and share your experiences as you do, is its own reward.

now back to those e-mails!

even with all the issues we've been encountering, we still have 17 movies online as of this morning--that's 17 movies that otherwise might not have been made. so, rest assured, if you stick with us, we'll stick with you to make this thing great.....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #7
Major Player

I second all that! You guys have really put alot of work into this, and I very much appreciate it. Thank you all!

I even made a little part in my film saying thanks to you guys!
~Gabriel
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:03 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Jolly good show!
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:10 AM   #9
Inner Circle

I am eagerly awaiting to see all the entries.

Nothing would happen with out the A-team's efforts??

They have had a huge amount of work, do not know where your drum up the energy and time!!!

Thank you all!!
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #10
Major Player

I've gotta say Kevin, Meryem and Mat have certainly put a lot of time, thought, effort and dedication to make this contest work! Kevin was incredibly quick to reply to emails (he doesn't leave the computer apparently!!) and set things up so I could FTP my entry when the uploader went bonkers. It has been a great experience and any minor flaws were a non issue to me, the fun was in the doing and reading about other peoples doings.

Rah! Rah! Rah! for the co-ordinators of UWOL!
James Hooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 11:49 AM   #11
Trustee

Ditto all that's been said.

While we may have been frustrated with the technology at times, there was certainly nothing but respect, and gratitude for Meryem, Mat and Kevin.

Thanks.
Old March 19th, 2007, 03:59 PM   #12
Trustee

I know it's frustrating that there are still some bugs to iron out.
( I'm uploading a file right now to test out the uploader )
But this challenge pushes me to get out and film something even when I may not be very motivated to do so.

Also, by having a common theme, I learn so much from all of you on how you interpret the theme. There were takes on the first theme that I never would have thought of in a million years. So, it opens my eyes to different ways of thinking and approaching a subject.

I think the real thanks and the real cheers should be to everyone that enters these challenges. Meryem can come up with the coolest themes in the world, but if none of us take the challenge and enter a film, then we have nothing.

So, hats off to all of you!
Old March 20th, 2007, 07:18 AM   #13
Inner Circle

Yeah, what everyone has said.
A big THANK YOU to Meryem, Mat and Kevin!!

UWOL 2 is the first for me, but definitely not the last.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2007, 12:30 PM   #14
Trustee

Here here!
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:06 PM   #15
Trustee

Yes! A hefty cheer to all! Because of their inspiration to host this challenge, I just had a Wonderful Time filming my first UWOL challenge. Thank you! It's been great! Actually, it was a blast. And I was one of the fortunate ones that didn't have a problem uploading my film. Best wishes to all of you who are still working to get theirs on line. I know Meryem and crew will do Everything to get you up and running. Thanks Per Johan, for the enthusiastic support to all involved.

Cat
Catherine Russell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > The UWOL Challenge