Plasma/LCD burn in....fix it with white noise? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old September 13th, 2007, 08:23 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Plasma/LCD burn in....fix it with white noise?

I have heard that you can fix mild burn in by running white noise and leaving the monitor on for a while. I don't mean the audio version of white noise but the video version of white noise. Does anyone know if this is possible? And, if so where can I get a clip of white noise to play on my monitor?
Zach Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2007, 05:42 PM   #2
New Boot

Burn-in fix

I've been able to successfully get rid of burn in by creating a DVD of various colors that each run for 30 seconds or so. In other words, full screen red for 30 seconds, green for 30, yellow for 30, blue for 30, etc. etc. I then played this DVD on a continuous loop non-stop for a weekend and when I returned to work on Monday the burn-in problem with the plasma screen was gone.
Carrie Cannaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2007, 06:14 PM   #3
Major Player

Are you sure you didn't have an image retention problem as opposed to burn in?
Bennis Hahn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software