Varizoom Monitors at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old October 30th, 2007, 09:09 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Varizoom Monitors

I just purchased a Varizoom VZ-TFT Monitor for my XL-1. After days and days of research on monitors all lead back to the varizoom. I think I made the right choice on this one.

Compaired to the quality varizoom offers and the affordability it seemed a no brainer. I knew nothing what I was looking for in specs but I was leary about monitors that were offered for less than 200.00 bucks. I opted for the 5.6 screen.

One question I have, does anyone know long the battery will last or should I just rely on A/C power. I have not purchased a battery yet because I'm unsure if this is a good thing. Most of my shooting is from an area where A/C power is available.

Any opinions on this matter or advice will be greatly appreaciated.
Joe Hanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 09:48 PM   #2
Major Player

also just purchased the VZ TFT-U but with batt. and one extra batt. when i talked to their sales rep. (excellent service by the way) he stated the charge will last about 2 1/2 hours.
almost all of my projects are live performances, but it nice to have the peace of mind not needing or depending on an outlet.

the weekend of the nov 10, i gone tape a basketball game, will let you know about the batt. charge thats normally a 2 + hour event.
Karl Heiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 11:44 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Anybody know a way to run one off an Anton Bauer batery?
Jim Andrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hanna View Post
does anyone know long the battery will last
Best I've gotten was 90 minutes or so from these batteries.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software