mounting a monitor on bars at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old January 16th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #1
Major Player

mounting a monitor on bars

I currently have my marshall monitor on the accessory shoe of my camcorder, but It's not an ideal mounting point - It makes the camera very top heavy, and also it's too close to my face when using the viewfinder, so I want to find a way to mount it elsewhere.

My thinking is some way of mounting it on the bars support that I will be getting shortly, maybe by means of a magic arm or similar.

Does anyone know if someone makes a suitable attachment for a bars system that could be adapted for this puropse? Something that would mount to a standard 60mm spacing set of bars, and then has a clamp or an adaptor hole which a magic arm could be attached to?
p.s. I've tried using a noga arm off the accessory shoe, but the noga just can't take the weight!
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 12:27 PM   #2
Trustee

There are a number of rail mounts made for this.
Also there is a beefier Noga arm made to handle the weight of your monitor.
David W. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi David,
Could you suggest some suppliers of these mounts? I've tried some of the usual channels but without success
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #4
Trustee

I would google for UK suppliers so you would save on shipping costs.
David W. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:57 PM   #5
DVi Contributor

forget the NOGA stuff, your looking for ULTRALIGHT control systems stuff. We are a reseller and we have put this stuff in all of our rental units. All of our noga stuff is sitting in a drawer. Yu can build your own system from a variety of parts they have. It can take the 9 inch panasonic monitor with an IDX battery on board, so I know it can take your unit.
Craig Chartier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software