Non - working CRT viewfinder - any experts out there? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old January 18th, 2008, 08:35 AM   #1
New Boot

Non - working CRT viewfinder - any experts out there?

Hi,
I got a CRT viewfinder from the very first HD-Cam from Sony (HDC-100 from 1986), which I want to use with my XH-A1.
This viewfinder has no designation, but resembles the Betacam viewfinders. It was used as a secondary viewfinder for the HDC-100 (which had a HD viewfinder by default) but the CRT´s resolution (from Matsushita) is SD.
Funny BTW, this viewfinder was used vertically, like a periscope, I had do flip
the screen 90 degrees to use it on the hotshoe of my XH-A1.
Now, everything is prepared now, but I get the same "garbled" image through the composite input from the Canon or any other source:
The image looks "combed" or "hacked" with thick scan lines and is repeated several times along the horizontal axis, but is relatively steady on the vertical axis.
I fed the viewfinder with several formats, NTSC-SD and PAL-SD and also HD1080-50I, but I always get the SAME result!?
I have the circuit diagram and board layout, there are two boards in this viewfinder called VF-9 and VF24.
But I do not know, wether the signal of the cam was delivered in SD or HD to the viewfinder. Any ideas?
All the best,
Salar Ghazi
Salar Ghazi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software