Mounting 8 inch Monitor to 15mm Rails at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old August 10th, 2009, 01:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Mounting 8 inch Monitor to 15mm Rails

Hello,
I purchased the Cinevate 15mm Rails system for my xh-a1/brevis -- I also purchased a Manhattan LCD monitor. I am looking to mount the monitor to the rails, but I wanted to make sure that I'm getting the right gear. I'd like to make it adjustable, so hopefully this will do the trick. Here is what I'm looking at:

Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging | Mini Hydrostatic Arm - | 814-1

Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging | 143BKT Camera Platform | 143BKT

Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging | 484RC2 Mini Ballhead | 484RC2 | B&H

or maybe:
Manfrotto by Bogen Imaging | 143 Magic Arm Kit | 143 | B&H Photo

What do you guys think/use?
Jordan Orberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 05:23 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I've tried the Magic Arm but found it a bit too heavy and cumbersome. I like the lightness of a EX1 on a Miller Solo DS20 so Im now looking at the Mini Ballhead option.
Old August 12th, 2009, 12:22 AM   #3
Major Player

I use this for my smallhd monitor: Noga | DG-1105 Locking Accessory Arm w/Shoe Mount | NO-DG1105-SA

Its very light weight, easy to adjust and seems just the right size for an 8/9" monitor. (WAY smaller than a full sized magic arm)

I dont normally use the shoe mount though. I have a manfrotto quick release on my head that has a threaded 1/4 - 20 hole in it for storing extra camera screws. Instead, i screw the noga arm straight into it. Works a treat.

I also got one of these: Giottos | MH1004 Mini Ball Head | MH1004-320 | B&H Photo Video

I like it because you can put it right on the noga shoe mount if you need a lower profile, and
i put it on the end of the noga arm so i can adjust the monitor without the whole arm going floppy. Also, its much easier to loosen the tiny ball head and turn it around to thread into the monitor vs. having to spin the whole monitor around.

Noga has a QR for monitors too. Haven't seen one, but its a good idea.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/attachmen...1&d=1250057929
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/attachmen...1&d=1250057929
Attached Thumbnails
Mounting 8 inch Monitor to 15mm Rails-monitor1.jpg   Mounting 8 inch Monitor to 15mm Rails-monitor2.jpg  

Andrew Dean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software