Field Monitor for your FX1/Z1U.... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old March 31st, 2005, 06:12 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info.
Ed Szarleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2005, 02:40 PM   #17
Trustee

<<<-- Originally posted by Tommy Haupfear :
I still think I want a CRT for the house but I am tempted to go LCD for the field. LCDs look really great unless you have them right beside a properly calibrated CRT. Color accuracy and black levels are best with tubes but LCDs continue to improve. -->>>

A very important thing for a field monitor is battery consumption, which invalidates most CRT types.

Do you know which LCD screen computer models are DC powered and have S-video or component video inputs?

Carlos
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:50 PM   #18
Major Player

Here in L.A.

There's ALWAYS AC power.....ALWAYS.

You can be in the desert......you can rest assure that we will have generators out there.

If we lose AC power....everything stops anyhow. SO the DC powered options are not that important.
Therefore, I stopped configuring my gear based on AC vs. DC. Now, I get AC stuff for performance and reliability.

- ShannonRawls.com

P.S.
hell, even shooting a moving car scene on a process truck has AC power! lol
Shannon Rawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2005, 09:43 AM   #19
Major Player

>>>Here in L.A.<<<
really Shannon ... wasn't that the state that was buying power from Mexico a few months ago ?? I mean , amigo , I live in Mexico - and if you gotta buy mexican electricity, you're in a world of trouble !! of course you're right about generators - I've got alittle Honda that does the trick- runs a monitor and a few lights but dc - I'm still interested. By the way , have you seen the little 15:9 480 line , dc powered 7" Lilliputs ? They go for less than 3 bills on ebay direct from HongKong. i'd love to hook one up to a z1 and see how that looks - what ? about 150 lines better than the oncamera lcd ? thanks Kurth
Kurth Bousman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:36 AM   #20
Regular Crew

WinBook

How about this one:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759...129TX1K0000530
Just found it among the reviews. Nice price tag :).
Dmitry Kichenko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software