Hood / Loupe for SmallHD DP6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old April 7th, 2012, 10:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hood / Loupe for SmallHD DP6

Has anyone found a magnifying hood / loupe that will work with the SmallHD DP6. It would turn it into a great EVF option for field use. I would get the DP4 but need SDI input.

Thanks
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Hood / Loupe for SmallHD DP6

I've never seen a loupe that large anywhere. What type of camera are you using? Does it have component output? If so, that's an option that works well with the DP4 too. I use it on my EX-1 all the time and it works perfectly.
Steve Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #3
Major Player

I have mounted my DP6 in a rigid hood that acts as mount and battery holder etc. If I want to see the image in more detail I can slide a lens assembly into the viewing port. The lenses are photographic close- up lenses, a +4 and a +2 giving a total of 6 diopters or a focal length of between 6 and 7”. http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/images/attach/jpg.gif
Attached Thumbnails
Hood / Loupe for SmallHD DP6-_dsc8518.jpg  
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I have seen a few DIYers use a rectangular magnifing glass...from the dollar parlor type stores.

Dano
Dano Motley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software