Innovatek LCD monitor question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old April 10th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Innovatek LCD monitor question

Peter Jefferson may be the only one who can answer this...but, I got an Innovatek 777A lcd monitor in today from the mp3store for my PD170. It looks nice, but the only trouble is, it comes with no power supply, just the positive and negative wires to a 12V sticking out.

I have no idea what sort of battery to put on the back or HOW to do it if I had one. I am not the best at this kind of thing so can someone help?

Last edited by Brandon Wood; April 10th, 2006 at 06:15 PM.
Brandon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #2
Still Motion

Again, not sure why Peter would be the only one to know but as I suggested to you before, I have a larger lithium ion battery with the proper plug to go right into the innovatek display. Basically the battery I have, which should be similar to others, has an end wher eyou can pull the connector off. You can then go to radio shack and get a plug that fits in and has a red and black wire that go right to the monitor. It will not be easy to wire it up for one of your Canon batteries or whatever brand your using. I'll let you have this battery for 80 shipped and insured with the extra plug so it goes right into your monitor.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #3
Regular Crew

My apologies Patrick. Don't know why, but I was thinking it was Peter that had the monitor and battery.

My monitor came with a cord and what looks like an S video cable coming out from it. I know this, of course, has to be the power cord. Does your battery connect to this?

Also can you email me on the battery specs (how long it lasts during use, what brand is it, and how long have you had it)...I'm pretty sure I'll be glad to purchase it from you.

email me: mrbrandonwood@yahoo.com
Old April 10th, 2006, 07:00 PM   #4
Wrangler

Moderator note: I moved this thread to our monitors forum which is more appropriate than the Wedding/Events forum. In the future, please list any for sale items in our Private Classifieds forum: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Thanks!
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 10:50 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Varizoom also has a battery made for the same purpose.

http://www.varizoom.com/products/acc...es/vz702m.html

Another option would be to get an Anton Bauer type mount and use the tap out to supply 12V DC. Then you would not need a separate battery for the LCD.

Barry Oppenheim
Barry Oppenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks Barry for the reply and the link.

Can you explain what an Anton Bauer type mount is and why I would not need a separate battery? I can't quite picture this in my head and have no idea what a "tap out" is.

thanks!
Old April 11th, 2006, 12:07 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Basically, the battery attaches to the plate/adapter, and the adapter mounts on the camera where you would normally place your battery. The adapter has connectors on it that allow you DC voltage accessories to draw power from your main camcorder batteries.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Barry
Barry Oppenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 08:59 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks Barry for taking the time to explain.

The plate seems a little expensive for what it does, but since I use the largest cell Sony batteries (970's), it sounds better to use the same one than to get a separate one for the monitor!

Much appreciated!!
Old April 11th, 2006, 09:01 PM   #9
Still Motion

Brandon

Please email me directly if you decide you want more info on the battery I have, otherwise I will list it in the private classifieds.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #10
Regular Crew

One other question Barry if you're still checking this thread.

Some of the websites I've looked on imply the Anton Bauer plate works with only an Anton Bauer "gold battery".

Do you know if I would be able to use my PD-170 battery with the plate or do I have to buy another battery specifically for the plate? Gotta make sure of this before I spend that much dough on the plate.

thanks again
Brandon Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software