Best config (Dell Inspiron 510m, Premiere Pro 1.5, External monitor via FW) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old July 2nd, 2006, 08:20 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Best config (Dell Inspiron 510m, Premiere Pro 1.5, External monitor via FW)

Hi Forum,

I have a Dell Inspiron 510m and am currently using my Canon XM1 to allow me to preview my video. To do this I have connected the camera to the laptop via firewire, and then used the s-video connector to pass a YC input to my external Sony monitor.

Although this seems to work I have a few questions:

1, Is it possible/better to use an external box (like a DATAVIDEO DAC-100 Y/C-Composite Dv Converter - see http://www.libraprobroadcast.co.uk/p...2D100&cat=194). If so what benefits would I get?

2, Is using the YC input ok?

3, Are there any options for using an output on the laptop (maybe via VGA connector) and would premiere let me select this to be used for preview video only?

4, Should I consider any other USB2, FW or PCMCIA convertor options?

Thanks in advance

Alex
Alex Wren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2006, 12:49 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Sorry

I forgot to mention that I am using XP Pro

Alex
Alex Wren is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software