Studio Monitor and Graphics Card at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old October 17th, 2006, 09:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Studio Monitor and Graphics Card

I am running Xpress Pro HD 5.2.1 with 2 Samsung SyncMaster 192n monitors and I now want to run a 3rd monitor to show the full image of my material without clipping at sides etc for client and correct viewing reasons.

I can't afford to go down the Broadcoast CRT monitor road.

So I have 2 questions:

1) What LCD monitor in the range of 66cm do people suggest?
2) What graphics card would allow me to run my 2 current monitors and a 3rd LCD monitor.

I will be shooting with the JVC HD111 camera at 720p /24fps. So I would to be able to view this in its truest form. I don't have a mojo box by the way.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Simon Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2006, 10:56 PM   #2
New Boot

Hey Simon,

I am looking at almost the same setup as yours. I have ordered my machine and it should be delivered in a few days. My graphics card is the Nvidia Quadro FX 1500 which can support two LCD monitors via DVI and 1 other through component out for full res monitoring. Due to space constraints I am opting to use a 22" widescreen viewsonic lcd instead of 2 19" lcds. Now my search is on for the LCD which i will use thorugh component for monitoring. There are a lot of $700-$800 LCD tvs with 1350x768 or so resolution with component input and should be able to display the full 1280x720 image taken off the jvc hd101/110.

My only question is which one has good enough color reproduction so that I can do a little grading coz most of my work is usually output to a film recorder and later dvds.
Sidharth Meer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software