LCDs and HD editing, decisions, decisions... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old November 13th, 2006, 09:54 AM   #1
Trustee

LCDs and HD editing, decisions, decisions...

Thinking about the new 24" gateway for PC editing
http://www.gateway.com/programs/wide...24_specs.shtml

Then using either a Mashall V-R70P-HDA for on camera/field use. However, not sure if it could double as a edit monitor for color and post work. I may also get the Pany BT-LH1700W 17 LCD for color work. However, again, not sure if I should just get a Small Sony Bravia XBR for less.

Much of my work winds up as windows media (wmvHD going forward) for PC playback. There is a good portion that is used in booth media, and winds up on consumer plasma/LCD displays.

My thinking is more WYISWYG. LCD sales, so I've read, has surpassed CRTs and it would seem that 90% of my viewership is on LCD.

Second issue is that working in HDV, I may not need the Pany as it's overkill, and stick with the Marshall for critical focus and framing. I'd have to connect to that via component though (no SDI). Anyone use that LCD via component?
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software