Panasonic LH1700W at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old October 19th, 2006, 07:04 PM   #1
Major Player

Panasonic LH1700W

Anyone used this monitor, especially with HD or HDV 720P cameras? They look nice in the dealers, but what are they like to use on a shoot?
Paul Jefferies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 04:36 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Jefferies
Anyone used this monitor, especially with HD or HDV 720P cameras? They look nice in the dealers, but what are they like to use on a shoot?
I haven't used one, but I've heard positive reports from people who have. You can also get a Portabrace cover, which makes a lot of sense if you're using it as field monitor. The built in waveform is a feature they find useful.

I'm considering it to replace my old 9" Sony CRT SD monitor - they both weigh the same.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 10:14 AM   #3
New Boot

I had this monitor for about a month. First, I considered purchasing the JVC 17'' CRT because I thought LCD were not good enough for production. That was before I saw the Panasonic. They are way better than the Sony LCDs. The picture looks very good and it can display interlaced image (very important to me as I do a lot of motion graphics). The built-in waveform is very convenient. The only drawback is a loud fan noise...but that's not a problem for me because I have a lot of noiser HD.
Steven Nichols is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software