New monitor option at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software

The View: Video Display Hardware and Software
Video Monitors and Media Players for field or studio use (all display technologies).

Old May 29th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #1
New Boot

New monitor option

Here's a somewhat more affordable monitor that seems especially aimed at cameras like the JVC series.

http://www.ikancorp.com/pages/monitors/v8000w/index.htm

I guess this will end up getting moved to another forum but seemed appropriate to mention here with so many of us JVC owners searching for something more affordable and better resolution for field monitoring. I'm not saying Ikan is high rez or the best choice in monitors but at least its another option for us.

Tim
Old May 29th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Tim and welcome to DVinfo. Monitor discussions do in fact belong in our monitors forum; this allows users of all types of cameras to come to one central source instead of starting duplicate threads. I'm moving this thread there but will leave a temporary redirect in the JVC forum.

I looked at this monitor at NAB and personally don't think it's a particularly great choice. You really get what you pay for... this screen is 800x480 so calling it "ultra high resolution" might be a little misleading. And since the interface is VGA you would need some sort of a convertor for the component video from your camera. Its only other input is composite video which is rather low quality SD.

The iKan V8000HD is a better option since it accepts high definition component video directly, but it costs $800. And neither of these screens have the "pro" features of the more expensive ones, like underscan, blue only, etc.

Read through some of the other threads in the monitors forum because this is a popular topic. Here's a good one for starters: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=94936
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 01:05 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Boyd. Very helpful!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > The View: Video Display Hardware and Software