Tell me what you think at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old August 28th, 2007, 12:40 AM   #1
Tell me what you think
Unregistered Guest August 28th, 2007, 12:40 AM

Just wondering what you guys will think of this my attempt at a wedding video. All I had was one canon GL-1 to cover all the madness--I was going for a more stylized look-- so I'm prepared for some good critiques. Thanks alot guys for taking the time.

http://www.nelsonfx.com/Video/Wedding_video-1.wmv

its a 50 meg avi file so right click save as

Jeremy

Unregistered Guest
Views: 1849
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:05 AM   #2
Major Player

Hey Jeremy I watched the first 3mins of your video. While I have a different style and prefer it more than the style in this video I will give my opinions based on your style that you were going for. My main concern was the amount of shaky footage at the beginning. You slow motioned the footage to reduce the shake but still it was pretty rough. Besides that there were some little things here and there like the amount of glows used made that effect of no effect after seeing it 3 times. 1 thing that was interesting was incorporating still frames and doing the shaky zoom over that frame. It's a neat idea and that's quite unique for yourself. All this is just off the first 3mins. So there's probably a lot more but I got to run and meet a client. Take Care and thanks for sharing

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:37 AM   #3
Trustee

Jeremy,
When the first title opened, that was really cool! But when the footage was shaky, that immediately shouted to me "amateur video." Then I saw your shaky stills. Hmm? When you started "Watermark" the footage wasn't shaky.

Then it dawned on me that perhaps you purposely added camera shake to your footage for the preps? If you did, that was brilliant! It implied that everyone was nervous and jittery getting ready, in anticipation for the ceremony. Once the ceremony started, everything was serene and smooth. Very interesting concept!

However, maybe there was too much shaking... how about making it much more subtle? Other than that, camera work and editing was good!
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I did like what you did with the stills, the very first 2 images gave a bit depth of field because you saw the fore/background moving seperately from eachother. Did you use AE for that? Only at 1:22 you first showed the actual footage and right after that at 1:26 allmost the same image but then you clearly saw it was a picture because it looked flatter and a bit distorted. The added shakiness gave the stills a feel like an image frozen in time were you could move around a bit which looked cool.

The stylised look was too much for me, but that's just because it isn't my style, I thought the colours were too heavy and everything glowed too much, but that's just a personal opinion.

I thought the combination of still/live footage was well done, especially because you applied the shaky approach to both of them, only (And that's a again a personal preference) I didn't like the shaky video because it made it look amateuristic, also the slowmo parts, especially when you see people taling doesn't work that well IMO.

I would be interested though if you could share a bit how you did the still effect?
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:28 PM   #5
Major Player

My two cents:

I don't think the shakes themselves were bad, but I would not have used that footage to create the style of video you did. In a faster paced more upbeat edit I believe they would have been perfectly acceptable, but the very slow music and highly sentimental style lends itself to slow controlled zooms, tilts, and pans, in which case a tripod or stabalizer would have helped.

But overall, good job :)
Matthew Craggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #6
Unregistered Guest

Hey thanks for the comments-- I was expecting a slaughter--- :-) I was just bored with the tradition wedding video style that I have seen and wanted to do something more--- interesting to me at least and being how this was a freebie I didn't think they would mind :-) But its nice to get outside opinions once you have been looking at something for awhile. I could had stablized every shot done rock solid but I decided it to see what it would look like if I took the still images and matched them to the video-- to do that I just filmed my monitor for a few minutes after a night of heavy drinking and then used Fusion to track the motion and then apply that motion onto my still images --- anyway nothing to fancy--- but thanks for checking it out--
Old August 28th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
I just filmed my monitor for a few minutes after a night of heavy drinking
I smell a fad coming on!
Adam Hoggatt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery