New Highlight to Share at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old December 9th, 2008, 11:53 AM   #1
New Highlight to Share
Art Varga Art Varga is offline December 9th, 2008, 11:53 AM

Here's a recent highlight that I just finished. It was a very late night edit so after my brain shut down I lost all sense of whether this was any good or not. Take a look and let me know what you think - the good, bad, the ugly.

Art

Stefanie and Joe's Highlight on Vimeo

Art Varga
Major Player
Views: 1329
Old December 9th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #2
Major Player

Hey Art,
Good job! I know your clients will be happy with your job. I thought for your opening shot of the shoes then rack focus to the bear, you should have gotten the bears face instead of his shirt. The dress shot right after was good except when you retracted your steps. You should have cut it before you started going backwards. I feel that would have made the opening more solid. The rest of the clip was good. Just need to be careful when framing your subjects (specifically the grooms shot). The photographer looked like he wasn't sure what to do. Was interesting seeing him work. Thanks for sharing Art. I appreciate it.

Monday
Monday Isa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 07:55 AM   #3
Major Player

Monday - I caught the issue with the dress shot too. It bugged me when I first noticed it but I wasn't sure how noticable it was to others. Now I know. Thanks for the feedback!

Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 10:12 AM   #4
Major Player

re

did u buy this music???
Luke Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #5
Mark Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Varga View Post
Here's a recent highlight that I just finished. It was a very late night edit so after my brain shut down I lost all sense of whether this was any good or not. Take a look and let me know what you think - the good, bad, the ugly.

Art

Stefanie and Joe's Highlight on Vimeo
I just watched your video, I think your clients will love it. Can you tell me what videosettings you used throughout the day?
Old December 10th, 2008, 12:18 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Smith View Post
... Can you tell me what videosettings you used throughout the day?
Shot with an XH-A1 with PANALOOK preset. Most of the reception footage was dark so I had to crank up in post and then softened up with a Magic Bullet filter. The outside shots didn't have much added. It had just stopped raining but there was a mist in the air which contributed to the light effect. I think I may have had some raindrops on my lens as well.

Art
Art Varga is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery