Bollywood Concept Movie - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old December 11th, 2008, 03:08 PM  
Bollywood Concept Movie
Kevin Shahinian Kevin Shahinian is offline December 11th, 2008, 03:08 PM

Just thought I'd share with you all a Bollywood Concept Movie we produced for a recent Hindu wedding. Enjoy & thanks for watching!

Neil + Jigna's Bollywood Concept "Tum Hi Ho (You Are The One)" on Vimeo

Kevin Shahinian
Regular Crew
Views: 2795
Old December 12th, 2008, 09:40 AM   #16
Major Player

Amazing. I assume you have a storyboard? I also want to ask the cheesy question, what's the $$$$$$$ value.
Noel Lising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 09:48 AM   #17
Major Player

Awesome, whose the first to copy this then!........lol....

Jokes aside we am filming one of our family members next year who is in a band and we are planning on doing something similar with the theme of their wedding so great inspiration here....

Just need the locations. If it turns out anywhere near as good as this I will be happy....

Thx for sharing.
John De Rienzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 11:48 AM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Shahinian View Post
Just thought I'd share with you all a Bollywood Concept Movie we produced for a recent Hindu wedding. Enjoy & thanks for watching!

Neil + Jigna's Bollywood Concept "Tum Hi Ho (You Are The One)" on Vimeo
And now that I have watched it about 7 or so times (no I'm not kidding) and have posted my "I'm not worthy" comment above, I have the technical questions.

I read about suspected use of glidetrack. Is a jig also involved?

Scene blocking: How did you set up for all of the scenes that involves quick swaps from the past / future couples? Was the camera locked down and the couple did each scene twice? Then camera moved to other location and the scene re-acted twice (one for each costume)?

Music: Fascinating score. Was this composed for this production? Was it music from prior productions / songs? I could not tell if the songs used were clips of longer songs, or if they were written exactly as performed (they were fantastic!)

Also, like with other music videos, did you have the score playing on set to help the couple perform in time?

Sub-Titles: Was it a conscious decision to leave off the sub-titles towards the end because you had already essentially told the story with the words earlier and now it was time for the visuals to tell the story?

Rain: Was this a garden hose up on a ladder trick or an actual rain storm? If the latter, was your cam placed under shelter or operating with a cover

The Plot: So, I may be very slow to need this pointed out to me, but on watching it for the 8th time or so, was the resolution that the man & woman in the past were promised to each other by the parents, but they just didn't know it was to each other?

Production Schedule: How long was pre-production? Scripting, composing the songs, etc?

Again. Absolutely amazing production.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Wow, as a person trying to get into South Asian wedding videography, this is very inspiring. I just have to temper my expectations because this is something that only seasoned vets can achieve.
Arif Syed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #20
Regular Crew

I finally saw it 5 straight times I think and just lost for words. It is truly a masterpiece and in a league of its own.

Regarding the songs which someone had asked earlier, those songs are actually from Bollywood movies but they go well together with what Kevin had created.

Bravo man, that was very EPIC!!!!
Karim Amanali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 04:24 AM   #21
Major Player

A
Maze
Ing!
Old December 13th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Thank you all

WOW... I never expected such an overwhelming response...! Thank you all for taking the time to watch our film, and for sharing your reaction on this thread. This happened to be a pretty intense & ambitious project and the praise we're getting among fellow filmmakers such as yourselves REALLY means a great deal! So thank you all!

We're currently working on a behind-the-scenes making of documentary that should be online soon, and will hopefully answer a lot of the great questions many of you have posed. I've read each of your replies & will be talking more about the making of this project on our new blog (currently under construction!) in the coming weeks, so please stay tuned and thanks again for watching!!

Best,
-Kevin
Old December 13th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #23
Major Player

Truly a "bar" setting concept video. Extremely well done!
RED One #6135 "Spartacus"
Andrew Waite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 11:22 AM   #24
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Waite View Post
Truly a "bar" setting concept video. Extremely well done!
Not to steal the thunder from Kevin (if he was going to post it), but Event DV wrote up a piece about this film. Check it out here.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Not at all. Thanks, Jason!
Old January 5th, 2009, 12:48 PM   #26
Major Player

Hey Kevin...I just got a chance to watch this and it was incredible. Love how you worked the theme. I liked the push/pull shots.
Old January 6th, 2009, 02:32 AM   #27
Trustee

I'm glad this thread got bumped- because I missed it the first time around. Epic indeed.
Old January 6th, 2009, 04:56 AM   #28
Major Player

O-M-G, that was incredible. Thanks for sharing!
Randy Panado is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery