Trailer - Matthew & Andrea at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old April 12th, 2009, 06:29 AM   #1
Trailer - Matthew & Andrea
Dean Morris Dean Morris is offline April 12th, 2009, 06:29 AM

Hi All,

I'm very much a lurker here and have rarely posted. Today, I'm taking the plunge on posting a clip for your critique. The audio of the priest was not as good as I would like - there was no way he was going to allow us to mic him ... I'm prepared to take all critisicm :)

www.weddingstory.com.au/movies/MatthewAndrea.wmv

Thanks for looking in advance.
Dean

Dean Morris
Regular Crew
Views: 1408
Old April 12th, 2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Major Player

Dean - very nice clip! Can't see anything to criticize. How the heck did you get them to go up in the tree?
Art Varga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

GREAT stuff! I'm diggin the tree shot.Are you using a steadicam on these shots?

Ryan
Old April 12th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Dean,

Credit to you for not lurking any more & putting some work up for review!

I thought it was a beautiful piece, very well executed. The choice of track was spot on, with the footage matching the music build up.

A couple of minor things I noticed (seeing as you're prepared for criticism) :)

The grooms audio sounded a little hot/distorted at times - maybe drop the sensitivity down a notch?

The tracking of the couple when they're walking in the garden around 0:51 seemed to jump a little.

I liked the rack focus at 1:17 from the leaves/branch, but the end focus point of the window didn't seem very interesting.

The other thing you might think about is a brief closing on-screen message - their date, 'coming soon' or something like that? Purely subjective that one I guess.

The tree shot is a killer, and the stabilised camera work is great - well done!

Hope (for my sake!) you're not entering this one in the AVPA awards ;)

Cheers,

Matt.
Matt Barwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 03:27 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Art & Ryan,

It always helps to have a willing couple.

Cheers
Dean
Dean Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 03:46 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks Matt for taking the time to critique,

You're probably right about the audio - I think I've overcompensated by bumping it up too much which has given it that distorted sound...shall work on that for the full edit.

That was a bit of a bad stutter for that scene...I picked that one up too :)

The window shot may be out of place and could go further up in the establishemnt shots - it's supposed to represent the room she was getting ready in & I had other plans to give purpose to this scene (which unfortunately didn't eventuate).

The couple were really easy to work with so the tree shot worked well for them - don't know how many times we would succeed in convincing a bride to jump into a tree...

I didn't think that it was possible to submit a trailer in for an AVPA award??? I'm hoping to enter this year with some other work that's a bit longer.

Cheers
Dean
Dean Morris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery