our first SDE at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old May 31st, 2009, 06:13 AM   #1
our first SDE
Scott Hayes Scott Hayes is offline May 31st, 2009, 06:13 AM

wow, i can't believe we pulled it off! Our team traveled a long way to shoot this destination wedding, and given the time schedule for the day, I told the bride we might be able to pull of a SDE. at 10pm, last night, we did. the crowd loved it, and I have never gotten
the type of hug from a groom I got last night. We faced a lot of issues: multiple formats, spinning beach balls, editing environment, etc. I have to give a special thanks to Glenn Elliott, who I flew down to shoot and do this with me. Without his patience, this would never have happened. Shot with EX1, A1 and HMC150. 1080, 24p Enjoy!

Cristin + Justin, SDE on Vimeo

Scott Hayes
Major Player
Views: 1290
Old May 31st, 2009, 07:10 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Very nice piece...
Beautiful establishment shots and great use of audio.
Congratulations on your first SDE.
Dean Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:36 PM   #3
Major Player

Very nice indeed. Great mood set by the music and the interviews. Having just done an SDE myself yesterday, I can appreciate the amount of hard work (and sometimes sheer terror), of getting everything put together in a super-short period of time. To add travel to the mix is just asking for punishment. Whatever your charging for this, double it!
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2009, 02:50 PM   #4
Major Player

Really good job man! The interview audio was a great way to tie the whole thing together. It was like a mix between a love story and an SDE. well done.
David Schuurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 12:47 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Smooth, lovely your 1st.

Congrats Scott.
Juan Todoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 03:06 AM   #6
Major Player

I just got home after 15hrs on the road, and wanted to reply to the posts and say thank you, and to make sure i clarify Glen did the edit in some horrid conditions. he sat in a steam tunnel/passage way/food prep area at a museum to get this done. sweat box conditions. I just want to make sure he knows when he has a bout of ADD and reads this, he knows how much his talent was appreciated for making this happen. It was his first time editing under the gun.
Scott Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hey Scott -- great work! I love the use of the interviews in the SDE.

If you're ever in Florida again, look us up!!!

~ Charles
Charles Baisden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 09:00 PM   #8
Major Player

Hey Scott - I just stumbled across this and all i can say is WOW! As always, great work, my friend.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery