First Wedding with the Brevis 35mm adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old June 2nd, 2009, 03:23 PM   #1
First Wedding with the Brevis 35mm adapter
Jason LeFrense Jason LeFrense is offline June 2nd, 2009, 03:23 PM

I must say this is my first wedding with the adapter so I am still getting use to it. But overall I love it and the more I learn to use it the more valuable I think its going to be.

Maria & Jason on Vimeo

Jason LeFrense
Regular Crew
Views: 1879
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:18 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Nice video. One long shot of the groomes mother speaking (2:35 - 3:04) would go better with images of the groom overlayed in stead a constant shot for 29 sec. A part from that, this was a good video.
Asvaldur Kristjansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:49 PM   #3
Major Player

sde

was is just me or the video really jerky play back. I feel like it missing something. There are few glide track shot isn't it? and steadicam shot too. Just wondering you meant to do the out of focuse to most of it or it seen alots of them are out of focus or you having a hard time to focus it. that just my two dollar hihihih. I wish more member comment on mine so heheh i give you my comment for your thank you for sharing
Thanh Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hey thanks for the comments, I couldn't agree more with you Asvaldur but it was a Same Day Edit and time was not on my side to go looking for clips. I wanted some type of Narration that would add emotion to the clip so I though that would work. The focusing Thanh would have been mostly intentional there may have been spots I lost focus but kept the clip because I liked it. But most of the time the pull focusing was done on purpose. I used a the Glidecam 4000HD not the steadicam, I wish I did have a steadicam. I used the pegasus heavy lifter for the slider shots the unit works really well in my opinion considering the amount of weight I was using. Thanks for the watching the video guys I think the jerking you are talking about is from Vimeo. You can watch it on my blog at WordPress.com

Cheers
Jason
Jason LeFrense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Nice Jason. I liked a lot of shots in there. I think you turned down the music too far when they were speaking or maybe the music was just loud during the other parts. I also saw that slider action in there. I know you are loving that. lol. Good piece.
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 01:52 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks for the tips Shaun I do need to pay more attention to the audio. No excuses but it being my first SDE of the year with the new gear and being out of town, the pressure got to me I have to admit. LOL

But i regrouped and I'm back ready to tackle the next one with all the tips from everyone.
Old June 10th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason LeFrense View Post
Thanks for the tips Shaun I do need to pay more attention to the audio. No excuses but it being my first SDE of the year with the new gear and being out of town, the pressure got to me I have to admit. LOL

But i regrouped and I'm back ready to tackle the next one with all the tips from everyone.
Hey man it was a great piece I see where you're going with the video. I'm just excited to see your work and see you using the new toys. LOL
Shaun Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 12:02 AM   #8
Major Player

Jason, shooting a wedding with an adapter...and doing an SDE is truly an accomplishment. The shot at 1:51 with the the Pegasus Heavy lifter is as solid as we could hope for in terms of a "keeper" shot :-) Not sure if it's the pollen in the air or what, but the last few weeks have been truly inspiring to the Cinevate team in terms of creative work posted up on the web. We've been screening footage posted on our forum as a team on a daily basis..but I see we'll have to start looking here too. Your Vimeo encode worked perfectly for me btw.

Give us a call during the day, or arrange a quick Skype session so we can address the dust issues you had mentioned with the Brevis.

Cheers,
Dennis Wood
www.cinevate.com
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 06:54 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Hey Denis, Thanks so much for addressing my post. When people ask me why I bought the Brevis, I tell them its the only piece of equipment I have that makes me feel like part of their team. I love your support, and your passion to help us become more creative with our work. I can't remember a member from sony or apple personally emailing me about a post that I wrote about problems with their equipment. LOL I am still just learning the piece and I love it more and more I use it. Confidence was a big thing for me at first but after using it twice now I'm fully confident that the unit is just what I expected it to be. CHEERS TO THE CINEVATE TEAM. Oh I will send out an email maybe later today when I get back in the office.

Thanks
Jason
Old June 11th, 2009, 10:30 AM   #10
Major Player

Colour question

Hey Jason....

Quite an accomplishment!!!
Be proud...

I'm really impressed with the colouring...
Question:
can these same colours be replicated without the 35mm adapter?? Aside from understanding lighting principles, it seems that people using adapters are getting much better contrast and saturation.

Depth of field is a no brainer, but i must admit, the only time i see wonderful colours (especially indoors) are with people using adapters....Is it possible to get this with the native camera lenses??

I'm using an XH A1..

Thanx..
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Thats a good question, but to be totally honest I do find the coloring a lot nicer with the adapter. And now that I use both cameras for the preps one with the adapter and one on the glidecam I do notice a huge difference in color. I also find it a lot harder to match the colors now because the DOF is obvious but the total look is so different. I find what works for me is to find a setting or a look you are going for with something like Looks or Tiffen and apply it to all your shots. Then I just tweak whatever shots need to be. In my last video I didn't do much coloring at all, I crushed my blacks and and brought in a little color.

The Adapter at first is a little scary because I was thinking when will I have time to take it off and setup it up. But all honestly it takes me maybe 3 minutes to get it on and setup, the actual hard part about it is getting use to the weight difference. I'm now looking into buying maybe a second adapter, I hope my wife doesn't read this thread. LOL

Cheers
Jason
Old June 11th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #12
Major Player

The MP.2's CINEFUSE elements do impart a perception of increased dynamic range, and very often depending on lenses used, very different contrast. If you look at the HG21 set up video we just posted up in Cinevate's Video University you'll see bare HPX500 footage mixed in with EX1/Brevis and HG21/Brevis footage. There's a compilation series showing all three camera's footage right near the end and we've labeled each shot with the camera being used. The EX1 footage taken with Zeiss lenses is very, very apparent and very hard to color time to the other cam's footage simply due to the differences in contrast (punch) and much warmer hue imparted by the Zeiss/Brevis combination. The single best word I can use to describe this look is "organic", and I believe it's part of what makes the 35mm adapter look unique.

Jason, I'll be sharing your comments at our 9am daily team huddle with the rest of the crew :-) We get our tanks filled every morning with not only a cup or two of coffee but also by looking at posted footage, comments and the like that we come across on the web.

Cheers,
Dennis Wood
www.cinevate.com
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery