First model bride video - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old June 12th, 2009, 05:49 AM  
First model bride video
Ricci Ocampos Ricci Ocampos is offline June 12th, 2009, 05:49 AM

Comments welcome shot with ex1, steadicam pilot, letus extreme, sv8 w/ mbl and lots of energy drink...... http://www.vimeo.com/5070781

Last edited by Ricci Ocampos; June 12th, 2009 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: http://www.vimeo.com/5070781

Ricci Ocampos
Regular Crew
Views: 2693
Old June 13th, 2009, 11:03 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Love it. It's well done

Love it

Don't change a thing. Its perfect all the OLD GUYS use transitions to MUCH, that video is outstanding.
Walt Paluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2009, 12:47 PM   #17
Regular Crew

glad that you like it

Comments like this is very well taken and deliver into my sometime numb and overwhelmed brain. Thank you so very much Mark and Walt
Ricci Ocampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2009, 10:36 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Just a bizarre comment. How old are you, Walt?

You thought it was perfect? Really? No constructive suggestions for improvement at all?

Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Paluch View Post
Love it

Don't change a thing. Its perfect all the OLD GUYS use transitions to MUCH, that video is outstanding.
Mark Schlicher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2009, 05:11 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Paluch View Post
Love it

I too noticed this and take umbrage to this comment as I am an old guy and haven't used anything besides fades,dissolves and cuts in so long I can't even count how many years it's been so please don't lump all us old guys together.
Age is mind over matter...if you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old June 14th, 2009, 12:11 PM   #20
Regular Crew

its good like it is

To many comments from others like, short this , change that, do this. Just ask him for the footage redo it your way.

If its done well, let him know. Just because you would do it his way doesn't make it better, it only changes it to your liking.

52, 15 years of video experience. I see everyones work and its all good. I get my best ideas from those who give there OPINIONS and always do it the other way.

I see my work from 15 years and laugh, but my brides still call and tell me they love it. Asking for opinions form this forum is sure to blow your confidence.

If you like it and the brides like it thats what counts. I really liked it just the way it was.

Last edited by Walt Paluch; June 14th, 2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: final comment
Walt Paluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 05:18 AM   #21
Regular Crew

easy guyssssss

the fact of the matter is that we are all artist in our own way. is doesn't matter if your a rookie or a professional we all do have opinions and critiques to everything that we do. im sure that goes with steven spielberg if he ever post his work here and wants comments then will be jumpin on him with wild ideas,critique and praises just to get his attention....so lets be fair and mindful to others comments.....anyway thank you all for taking the time to look at my first attempt humble video "THE BRIDE" at least i tried . i appreciate it and happy to be a part of this community of cinematographers.. still any comments welcome.....
Ricci Ocampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Ricci,

As I said, I like the video overall very much. I understood that you wanted comments, not just compliments. In the spirit of being constructive I offered my opinion. If my comments came across otherwise, my apologies.

As I said, your Steadicam operating was very good, particularly for someone with limited experience. I believe that shots "landing" or leading somewhere specific is generally a hallmark of good storytelling, whether Steadicam or not.

I've done a lot of shooting and editing for documentaries and multicam concerts, and I almost never use dissolves. Cuts are simple, direct and powerful. However, dissolves can be useful occasionally, and, in the case of your video, might smooth out some of the places where you seemed to leave a Steadicam shot abruptly.

Walt, I still don't understand your "OLD GUYS" comments but I agree that dissolves can be overused (which is why I stated so in my original post.) I agree that critiques should be kept positive and encouraging, and above all, respectful.

PS: I'm 54 and have been shooting 10 years and editing for 5 years. In the business 20 years overall.
Mark Schlicher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 06:26 AM   #23
Trustee

Nice job, but that model is going to kill you. She's the most unhappy looking bride I've ever seen.
Old June 19th, 2009, 11:13 AM   #24
Inner Circle

OK, So I wasn't the only one that thought the "bride" (I suspect the "model" aspect here lost that "special glow") looked pretty unhappy... I don't think that's really an effective "image" to have when you're trying to promote to women looking forward to the happiest day of their life, but maybe for some markets it will work?

No matter how good your gear and technique, it's a pain when you get "talent" that is having a rough day for whatever reason... at least with photography you can usually get a forced smile long enough to squeeze off a decent shot here and there!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 12:22 AM   #25
Trustee

She certainly didn't look like someone about to get married. At least not voluntarily. Glad I'm not the groom. In fairness, maybe she's not an experienced actor.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery