New demo featuring some clients at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 25th, 2009, 02:21 AM   #1
New demo featuring some clients
Aaron Mayberry Aaron Mayberry is offline November 25th, 2009, 02:21 AM

Hey all,

We're just looking for some professional feedback on a new cut of a demo we have on our website. We were able to sit down with a couple we shot a wedding for and ask them some questions. We hope to add another couple in the next few weeks :D

Please feel free to give us your opinion on what works and what needs to be changed!

Aaron Mayberry
Major Player
Views: 1230
Old November 25th, 2009, 12:47 PM   #2
Major Player

aaron, i thought that was totally brilliant. if i wasn't in this industry, and i lived near you, i'd book you after seeing that!

the VO really drives it, and makes it stand out. the footage is ace too, with only tiny minor things i 'could' pick up on, but won't. there's no need. it's just one brilliant little demo, and i loved it. held my interest totally.
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:31 PM   #3
Major Player

Wow, Richard. Appreciate it!
Old November 25th, 2009, 05:58 PM   #4
Major Player

Aaron... great job. I think your passed bride hit the nail on the head with her statement "it's a production". I love the cinamatic approach that the majority strives for in this industry. It's unexpected to many brides in my area (or at least the one's that my prices cater too).
Great job!

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Stephen, and I totally agree. Most of our clients say they looked at 5 or more other videographers who don't take it beyond the first level of wedding videos.
Old November 29th, 2009, 06:44 PM   #6
Major Player

Aaron
We need more of these video around in our industry. They help all of us to keep opening doors with new clients in the wedding video business.
Good Job!
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 03:09 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hey Aaron,

Your wedding stuff looks great. The only thing I could say to change would be your interview background with the couple. (This is the news photographer in me coming out) I would say put them in a more visually compelling setting, nothing elaborate, just more than a wall behind their couch. You have very stunning video from the weddings, so carry that along through the interviews.

Hope that helps. Just my 2 cents.

Mark
Old December 1st, 2009, 04:34 PM   #8
Major Player

Aaron...

I agree 100% with Mark... You did an awesome job on the structure of your video. If you get the opportunity again to interview a couple and take Marks words into advice.... Your demo would be over the top...

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery