New bridal spotlight/trash the dress at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery

Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery
For video clip sharing and feedback -- VIMEO links will automatically embed a player.

Old November 30th, 2009, 11:52 AM   #1
New bridal spotlight/trash the dress
Sarah Pendergraft Sarah Pendergraft is offline November 30th, 2009, 11:52 AM

This was one of our first shoots with our new cameras. Shelby and Greg were a blast to work with. Any feedback, comments, critiques would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sarah Pendergraft
Regular Crew
Views: 1036
Old November 30th, 2009, 02:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Sarah... great job! I love the idea, the colors, the story-line, and the detailed close ups. I'm becoming a fan of your work. What new cameras were you using??

Steve
Stephen J. Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 03:26 PM   #3
New Boot

I love it!! Especially how you've taken the "Trash the Dress" idea from photography to video, and incorporated an entire storyline with it! I also thought the warm colors added to the whole summer-time/baseball feel. And what an awesome location!
Old November 30th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #4
Major Player

I am a big fan of the storyline and the energy, but I wasn't so crazy about the color. I'm not sure if it was the color grading or done in camera, but in many shots either the dress, her skin, or both seemed are blotchy and overexposed. Also, details in things like the scenery seem to bleed together.

I understand you're going for a warm and summertime type of feel, and my comments could be motivated by my own personal preferences, but I believe you can get the same warm/summer feeling by toning down the saturation and moving away from the orange tinting.

That being said, I absolutely love the story and your shot composition, and I will no doubt come back to watch it again just because it's so fun. You did a very good job with this clip.
Matthew Craggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks everyone. Matthew, you're right about the colors. I was going for warm & saturated look, but I'm thinking it's time for a new monitor. After viewing this on several TVs and monitors, I am wanting to go back and tone down the saturation & contrast just a bit... it doesn't look as drastic on the monitor I edit on.

Oh, and to answer Stephen, HMC150.

Last edited by Sarah Pendergraft; November 30th, 2009 at 05:29 PM. Reason: forgot to answer Stephen
Sarah Pendergraft is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques > Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery